Advice west coast Scotland

leonvt

guys have any of you got good / bad advice as to where to go for a remap
of my LC 180 hp. I have been through to drivers in glasgow thinking about a revo stage 1 what do you think, also do I need to do any other mods to get best out of this remap. I checked threads but did not come up with any links for Scottish tuners. Thanks in advance. leonvt

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
guys have any of you got good / bad advice as to where to go for a remap
of my LC 180 hp. I have been through to drivers in glasgow thinking about a revo stage 1 what do you think, also do I need to do any other mods to get best out of this remap. I checked threads but did not come up with any links for Scottish tuners. Thanks in advance. leonvt
www.starperformance.co.uk
in Kirkaldy fifeshire
Very good, second to none, no bullshit, family buisness, need I say more??

BCM

Keyboard Gangster
Feb 1, 2005
Wishaw, North Lanarkshire
Or John Berry at Bedrock VeeDubs - 01698 254666
He's in Motherwell.
Who ever you choose - It wouldn't be Drivers for me,
No real VAG experience or Rolling Road, NO THANKS!

leonvt

Thanks for the speedy replies guys was not to sure as who to use or what product to go for, will contact the above for advice. cheers

ps BCM its the pits being banned, been there before in my even dafter motorcycle days.

push110

I had my LCR revo'd at drivers and can recommend them. Fair enough they don't have a rolling road. If its a revo remap your after there are only 3 dealers in scotland, drivers, duncan suherland up in inverness and checkpoint in aberdeen.

Star performance are one of the best vag tuners around so you won't go wrong there.

coopra R

Feb 6, 2005
Glasgow
s195.photobucket.com
I had my LCR revo'd at drivers and can recommend them. Fair enough they don't have a rolling road. If its a revo remap your after there are only 3 dealers in scotland, drivers, duncan suherland up in inverness and checkpoint in aberdeen.

Star performance are one of the best vag tuners around so you won't go wrong there.

Spot on !

I've had two cars tuned in past by Starperformance and Drivers - both are good (Starperformance do provide a better all round package Tuning/RR etc).

Drivers are one of the few Scottish dealers who provide Revo tuning - this is a generic, proven map - all the hard work already done by Revotechnik - uploaded to the car by laptop, sort of plug and play.

My LCR was Revo tuned at Drivers with no probs. I'm very pleased with the map and also the aftersales service..(salesguy Neil - a member of this forum & former owner of an LCR - so you also have an enthusiast on site, who's tried & tested most of the mods you may want to buy !....very helpful.

So...as I say both are excellent....depends really where you live & how far you want to travel !..Both maps will provide similiar performance gains...:D

Last edited:

BCM

Keyboard Gangster
Feb 1, 2005
Wishaw, North Lanarkshire
Just for me Revo don't provide the amount of tweaking or customisation I would like unless you go for STG2
however Bedrock offer exactly what I want a custom map on the RR,
as said, tho,
everyone has their own opinion and its your choice at the end of the day,
whoever you choose, do the homework and see what you'd like!

DodgyDave

May 15, 2007
Glasgow, Scotland
Have to agree with all the comments above :)

Have had most of the work done to my car by Star Performance and happly drive 60 miles each-way to them, just waiting for a call on delivery of my turbo upgrade then the car will be with 'em to get it fitted :)

Drivers get a good name, but without a RR (with before/after runs) i'd not use 'em.

Been to Bedrock once and John is a top bloke that knows his cars well, also has a RR - but i was not happy with the service i received so i cant reccomend them.

Do your research and contact quite a few places, even go see some of them, and then take the one that fits your needs best (remember cheapest is not always the best!!!).

Dave

leonvt

how you doin Jamie thanks again for the wheel deal, was out to nite and got forge 007, just require the green panel filter and remap, will do in next 2/3 weeks. have also add new lcr splitter and dog bone bushes, will post some pics in next few weeks to see what the people think. cheers mate

ps do I really need to change my rear wiper to be be a top moder!!

Jan 19, 2006
fife, scotland
aye get it changed paul. fabia the most popular, how you getting on with the wheels, was actually thinking of offering you a swap for my new ones. i like the standard ones that much.

leonvt

sorry mate no back backers as they say doon this way, like your new ones, but really like the standard ones, even more now that the splitter is on.
has any one used or herd about " chipped uk " for a remap.
a boy down in ayrshire can do it any feed back. Cheers

Jan 19, 2006
fife, scotland
no i'm not after them now mate, just a couple of days after the change, really liking the wheels now and just need the kw coilovers on now. check out custom code as well they've just opened a place in scotland as well. type custom code into the search bit at the top right hand side of this page. glad your liking the wheels though.

jonnie5

Seat Leon FR+
Mar 14, 2007
Rosyth
And thats your opinion.
Everyone is diff and thats why there is more than one company in Scotland that tune VAG cars.

That was not an opinion, that was a fact and taken from their homepage;):). But yeh different people have different experiances, and wont/need different levels of expertises.

Ps I haven't actually used them I'm a Dastek fan, but for VAG tuners starperformace dont come more highly recommended than them and I'm sure I can be backed up. Certainly by the kind of clientell that goes in the are first rate. Audi RS, Porsche owners are always seen hanging around their premises

Last edited:

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
star gets great reviews
also a revo dealer in aberdeen-checkpoint
friend of mine works there few people have been revo'd there too

but if your going that far be better going to star

jonnie5

Seat Leon FR+
Mar 14, 2007
Rosyth
jonnie5 are you referring to chipped uk ?

Edited my last post

chipped uk
Not saying that chipped uk are not good, but personally I would't use them, they seam to have too much bad press on the web. As with all customer based services its near impossible to get 100% good record all the time, as personalities can clash between customer and retailer, but it just seems that chipped uk have over the odds on this for me to use them.I feel there just trying to do too much work and are in over there head with customers and need to take a step back and provide custmers with more detail explanations of what there doing, and provide them with a better service. But because I haven't used them myself I want dismiss them alltogether as being any good, as I haven't used them

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.