Aftermarket exhaust system

ej_290

Sep 13, 2021
Hello

I have a Cupra 290 black and I am thinking of getting an aftermarket cat back system, possibly getting a sports cat as well.

I would like to know what brand might give me the sound im after, I like rallying and im after a tone that is more of a deep rumble. I currently have the seat system with a res delete and find it ok, but it can sound a bit tinny if you accelerate hard. I've tried watching videos on youtube but I dont think you get the full appreciation on video.

What brand or brands do you think might give me close to what im looking for. Please only comment if you have experience of the system you are suggesting, I don't want to know what brand you think is the best without ever having heard or have any knowledge off.

I've been looking at
Scorpion
Milltek
Cobra

But any help would be great.

Cheers.

NotApplicable

Newbie....at my age?????
Mar 26, 2016
Somerset
I have a Scorpion system for sale in the Parts For Sale forum. At idle, it rumbles with a nice deep purr. However, it really depends on what revs you are doing as to the sound it makes.

My reason for not wanting the system is that I prefer 'stealth mode' I have gone for Milltek turbo-back system instead. It is a lot quieter in general day-to-day usage, which is what I do most of. There are a coupe of points in the rev range where the Scorpion system has too much resonance for my liking - just at 2K and then again when the cams change happens at 2.9K.

It is definitely a free-flowing system as it doesn't have a back-box.

Last edited:

NotApplicable

Newbie....at my age?????
Mar 26, 2016
Somerset
Just realised I attached the sound files from the Milltek. The first two are the Scorpion, the second two were me driving with the Milltek. I have removed them and here is the zip of the two Scorpion audio files. Best listened to with a headset or earphones.

Attachments

• scorpion.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members