Air Con not working?

EoinM

I was sitting in traffic last night waiting for the lights when the revs dropped slightly like the air con had been turned off. Fair enough i said, the climate control sometimes turns it off when not needed (I would presume) so that was that.

This morning when i press the ECON button it makes absolutely no difference to the revs so I'm presuming that the air con is gone (this is a replacement compressor fitted only 6 months ago so obviously I'm not amused:blink:).

I've had a very quick look in the car park for the fuse, but there seems to be SFA in the box near the headlight switch. Could anyone shed some light on this PPPPLLLLEEEEEEAAAAAAAASSSSSSEEEE before I call to the Ford garage down the road and do something stupid like buy a Mondeo.

Also, its snowed here a little yesterday evening and this morning - this never happens around here - would the drier air made any odds:confused:

I'd appreciate any info guys

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
If the temp outside is too low then it won't let the air-con run. Can't remember what temp it stops working at though.

EoinM

Oh this sounds promising:lol: Cheers for that. Outside temps didnt drop below freezing. I'm probably over reacting a bit because I haven't too much faith in the air con system since it went pear shaped the last time. I'll wait until it warms up a bit outside and give it a try.

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
Air con on mk2's are always on hence you can demist your winscreen quickly even in this cold weather, I haven't even noticed a rev change whether it is on or off although with bigger engines i wonder if you would notice it ever?

I would guess that the compressor is at the "right temperature" so has engaged its clutch and released it from drawing from the engine.

You'll have to wait until its warmer to see if its still working or not though.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Air con on mk2's are always on hence you can demist your winscreen quickly even in this cold weather, I haven't even noticed a rev change whether it is on or off although with bigger engines i wonder if you would notice it ever?

I would guess that the compressor is at the "right temperature" so has engaged its clutch and released it from drawing from the engine.

You'll have to wait until its warmer to see if its still working or not though.

not on mine m8e
definatley controlled by the temp , i think its 4 degrees and aircon stops working.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise