Air Con Service, now its hissing?!

Xe

I just had an air con service last Monday. Thought I could hear some strange noises while driving about but just thought it was a lorry etc.

Now today its definitely happens each time I put the air con on, I get a hissing sound. Does anyone know if this is normal, and if it will go away?

Phoned dealer and explained that it sounds like a deodorant can being sprayed from behind the vents. But got the usual you need to bring the car in so we can hear it talk.

So any ideas Seat buddies?:confused:

Paul_W

Jul 23, 2006
Rutland
The air con my old old 306 used to make a hissing noise. A few weeks later it stopped working totally due to the gas pressure being too low. I'd guess either your system hasn't been pressurised properly, or you have a leak

Aug 16, 2007
Wolverhampton
my dealer asked me if I wanted mine serviced this week, nothing wrong with the system and the car is only 19 months old.

I told them I'd be back when it stopped getting cold.

Xe

Well took it back to the dealer yesterday, for them to have a listen. His words were "thats loud". So they ordered a new part and will recharge the air con, because its probably low. Makes me wonder what the hell did they do? As I hardly ever use air con, just use ECON mostly.
Car is 2 years old. I suppose if it ain't broke don't fix it as they say. Was working perfect before they touched it. Oh well, car is due in next week.

Last edited by a moderator: