Air con stopped

Scoop940

So the air con has stopped working on our Alhambra. :cry:

When flicking to Auto there is no clonk like there used to be as it engaged, there can be the slightest variation in revs but no clonk. When watching under the bonnet with it on Econ the centre of the pulley remains still, when switched to Auto the centre spins.

When compared to my Golf there is a very obvious clink as you engaged and disengage.

Seems there are a few problems reported with the air con on an Alhambra - condensor failure ( Although I would think this would manifest itself as a leak and no gas pressure ) No error codes reported on the diagnotics tool either.

I suspect it's the compressor?

Thoughts folks?

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
compressor won't kick in unless there is correct pressure in the system to start with mind so first stop get the system tested

that will probably show any major faults as there is any number of joint's and parts that can cause aggro when it come's to a/c

Scoop940

Main family car so I would like to get it fixed. Will try a re-charge first I guess. Would the low pressure raise a Fault code at all?

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
from memory i'm sure there are a few fault codes for the pressure circuit so be worth a scan

as you say compressor though they seem to appear a regular fault sadly so fingers crossed for ya

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.