Air Con Warm?????

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
:S

Its sort of suddenly changed, the motor is still engaging and changing revs so could it be a leak somewhere? any easy way to tell?

dholdi

Jul 3, 2008
Preston
As far as I know the best way of checking is with a set of gauges. If you suspect a leak I wouldnt use the aircon as the lubricant may well have been lost as well, you may damage the compressor. Best get it checked.

uncovered

now this is a long shot. When i used to have my cupra it had climate control, basically it started to blow out warm air all the time. What I did was take off the cover which surrounded the radio and climate control and the senslor was behind it, the other side of what I can only describe as a rectangle with holes. It was covered in dust. I cleaned it and voila, all back to normal. Maybe I was just lucky but thought I would give you an option if you have climate control.

dholdi

Jul 3, 2008
Preston
^^^ Thats certainly worth a try, as it will cost you nothing, however if the sensor and its enclosure is dusty I would have thought that would give a higher false reading and thus a requirement for even cooler supply air. Cant do any harm to try it though.

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
^^^ Thats certainly worth a try, as it will cost you nothing, however if the sensor and its enclosure is dusty I would have thought that would give a higher false reading and thus a requirement for even cooler supply air. Cant do any harm to try it though.

techni9cally it will be very insulated so it will coold down overnight and stay that cold :(

dholdi

Jul 3, 2008
Preston
techni9cally it will be very insulated so it will coold down overnight and stay that cold :(

No, i cant see that mate, its purpose is to measure the temp inside the car so it wouldnt be insulated from the inside of the car, however if it had a coating of dust that would act as insulation and give a falsely high reading. This would make your aircon either blow colder or blow at its coldest for longer - hope that makes sense.

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
No, i cant see that mate, its purpose is to measure the temp inside the car so it wouldnt be insulated from the inside of the car, however if it had a coating of dust that would act as insulation and give a falsely high reading. This would make your aircon either blow colder or blow at its coldest for longer - hope that makes sense.

the dust creates a layer and overnight the dust will cool down, then when i get in the car the car warms up but the layer of dust is still cold cause it is more dense than the air in the car.

hense it stays warm.

Just cause its insulated doesnt mean its warm ;)

olliep

Wants a mk2 GTI
Oct 3, 2005
Winchester
mine was blowing luke warm air on the coldest setting when i got it several months ago. it was a combination of the compressor going to hell and a split in one of the pipes from the compressor

sabredylan

:S

Its sort of suddenly changed, the motor is still engaging and changing revs so could it be a leak somewhere? any easy way to tell?

Probably just needs a re gas, either a top up from Halfords or from a dealer. The dealer will probably sting you though

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
Probably just needs a re gas, either a top up from Halfords or from a dealer. The dealer will probably sting you though

A re gas?

Im not sure i like the idea of farting in my engine, let alone the though of having to stuff one of the pipes up there :shrug: might leave this till the summer.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members