air filter heat shield???

jamzee500

jamzee500
Apr 3, 2006
camberley, surrey
i have a LCR and am having remapped on saturday and the forge 007p is on order, i know to get the dump noise u need to use an open air, air filter. If i buy a heat shield for this filter and run an air feed into it will this get rid of or lessen the dump noise ???

neil_f225

Mar 14, 2005
you will get more noise if you run the filter open , but one with a heatshield like the green dynatwist will give better performance gains. Depends what you want - noise or performance?

SixDegrees

I'd avoid opne air in-bay filters at all costs, regardless of heat sheilds. Seen too many of them reduce power over stock to warrant even thinking about them.

Its good and well when you pop it in, but when blattingabout in the summer its going to get very hot under then and any metal shield will conduct heat, and the open filter will simply draw ambient or warm air into the engine, when what you want is cold air.

:)

Jan 19, 2006
fife, scotland
i've got a bmc cda air filter on mine, dumping noise is good , not too loud, not silent either. doesn't seem to have affected my "standard" power too much, 225 brake from a 210 aint that bad, i have heard of a few who's cars didn't like them though. ;)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise