Air filters (e-hybrid) K&N etc....

asm1

Aug 31, 2021
Has anybody changed air-intake filters on an eHybrid ? What did you put in?

Apparently (from all that I can google) the part number is 5Q0129620B (which I assume is for the 1.4 petrol TSI) Cross referencing that on the K&N site comes back as 33-3005, which is the same as the one I have in my MK 7 Golf GTD currently.

I'm disinclined to mess with the electric motor (obvs!) but was wondering if anyone has put a performance filter on the engine ?

DMP

Mar 31, 2023
Hi, Thats quite amusing! I was about to ask the same question and then came across your post that no one replied to.... Dont suppose you brought one and popped it in? if so did it make any difference mate.

Apr 6, 2023
I put an itg panel filter (very similar to k&n) in my 1.5 tsi, and the difference is so minimal it could well be put down to my imagining its got slightly better throttle response, either way it wont do any harm, but honestly unless your doing it to save the environment by not throwing a paper filter in the bin every 12 months its not really worth it 🤷‍♂️

DMP

Mar 31, 2023
Ah ok mate, cheers for the response! Did it make any change to the sound? I put a k&n in my arona and it gave it a much nicer engine note.

Apr 6, 2023
It sounds ever so slightly meaner in lower gears but when your at cruising speeds you wont notice it over wind noise

DMP

Mar 31, 2023
(y) Ok cheers for the reply mate, by the sounds of things its not worth bothering with then.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members