Air mass flow sensor fault / Crack top plastic Fuel pump

Jun 29, 2019
Hi everyone, I'm VERY new to this just joined and after reading some the rules threads I hope I'm posting this in correct area ive used this site tons of times for answers to general problems but i need extra help this time.

So I have a 2007 seat Leon Cupra 2.0TFSI and on my way home today I had an engine light come on so went to a little garage I know to get codes read usual guy that looks at my car wasnt there but got read nevertheless it threw 2 faults up (didnt take code numbers schoolboy error I know) one was 'central module error/failure - interior monitor levels'
And 'Air mass flow sensor error' so this guy popped bonnet lifted cover off and had a look and noticed this part had a crack in (see links attached) after getting home and doing little homework on part numbers its the top electrical connector on my fuel pump...i think lol. Can these be purchased separately or do I have shell out for whole unit? Also what are those two faults likely to be?

Thanks in advance and hope ive posted everything correctly

Dean

[url=https://ibb.co/db6T20Q] [/URL]

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Hi, yeah it's the right section. Is that the exact wording off the codes? Or roughly what you remember? I'm wondering if the interior one is the alarm sensor. I say this because on both Leon's Ive always had an error for the interior motion sensor.

As for the maf sensor. If it's not a red herring. Mafs are a common failure especially if they get dirty. Some try cleaning them up. But can be easily replaced. Not sure on the hpfp, but if it's just the casing for the electrical connector, I wouldn't have thought that's cause for concern.

Jun 29, 2019
Hi, yeah it's the right section. Is that the exact wording off the codes? Or roughly what you remember? I'm wondering if the interior one is the alarm sensor. I say this because on both Leon's Ive always had an error for the interior motion sensor.

As for the maf sensor. If it's not a red herring. Mafs are a common failure especially if they get dirty. Some try cleaning them up. But can be easily replaced. Not sure on the hpfp, but if it's just the casing for the electrical connector, I wouldn't have thought that's cause for concern.

Hi and thanks for quick reply, yeah thats roughly what i remember wording wise will be able to get read again Monday now to confirm its not a red herring and look at replacing MAF. As for the sensor its just the black plastic housing itself so hopefully it isn't a cause for concern.

Will keep updated. Thanks again

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
On a positive note,the electrical connector on top of the fuel pump usually gets damaged, when the cam follower gets changed so it could be a good sign that the follower has been changed

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Legojon
Jun 29, 2019
On a positive note,the electrical connector on top of the fuel pump usually gets damaged, when the cam follower gets changed so it could be a good sign that the follower has been changed

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Thanks for reply bud, That may need to be changed then too as it hasn't been done since ive had it I'm afraid, can those electrical connectors be purchased separately or do they come as a complete unit with the pump? I ask as now I know its there it will irritate the crap out of me even though it shouldn't be a cause for concern as legoJohn said i know its there now lol

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise