Airbag Error.

Sep 7, 2020
So i used my 64 plate Leon Cupra to jumpstart another car and since then i have had the following fault show up.
Airbag:Error

looking at some other fourms it looks like i should reset this using VCDS. What cable could i use to do this except a genuine one for RossTech?

Sep 7, 2020
There's a dedicated ground point behind the battery for jump leads, to be used to avoid issues like you're having

Any way of scanning for fault codes? I've known people have similar issues and they've blown a hand full of fuses
I have a basic OBD 2 scanner that isnt detecting any faults, and have checked the fuses. Many seem to look burnt on the metal part but the wire inside is not blown so i assume these are still working.

My car was the one with the working battery so the cables were attached correctly. I have just found out that the cables on the dead battery were not grouned but instead both red and black were attached to the battery instead of black being attached to the car frame. Would this still still cause issues on my car or just the one with the dead battery?

Regardless of which car is being jump started, the negative terminal should always be connected to the ground point not the battery. You should have a little plastic guard that clips over the negative terminal that warns you to do this

Please try another code reader, or test the fuses with a multimeter :). Please don't use carista. It'll just lead you down a rabbit hole.

Alternatively were in Bridlington, East Yorkshire and we'd be happy to investigate it for you

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise