Aircon Top up

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
Holy crap, that’s dearer than some air-con recharges I’ve seen in local garages, I would be tempted to look around locally.

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
I don't see the point when you can get a garage to stick it on a proper machine for about the same price.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent
I usually find deals on Groupon when I need a recharge.

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
I've looked around my area and am being quoted around the £80 mark , am being told because of age of car and because its not been topped up it will need a clean first. - I've got another couple of places to ring though.

Fester999

May 17, 2020
I took my last car a 63 plate leon fr to a recommended garage for a re gas.
He did it but said my compressor was failing and said he would fix it for £400!
I took it straight to Seat in Stoke they tested it, it had been re gassed but the compressor was running at 98% efficiency.
I went back told him he was a crook.
He didn't offer a refund on the re gas.
Ain't been back.

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent
I've never had an issue with my local ATS fir regassing.
In fact the last time I went they couldn't get it very cold so didn't even bother using my Groupon voucher so I simply got a refund.

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
As above, get a Groupon voucher for ATS, I got mine done about a year ago with no issues. They do a leak test first and if all good then do a re-gas but if there is a leak then there is nothing they can do.
I've had no probs with the aircon at all after this

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
So an update - ATS wouldnt touch my daughters car (2004 Fiesta) and said that mine would cost £116 to drain and fill with RF1234A (yet mine is same age as daughters car (1 year newer)

So that was a wasted trip however found a local chap who did both cars for £120 including leak test on both.

It seems that were you live is rather telling on the service and price you pay.

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
HI, tha appears as if ATS have quoted for the newer gas? there should be a sticker under the bonnet stating the type ie FR134a, an 04 Fiesta I would not expect to require that newer (more expensive) gas, they've made a mistake or trying it on?, the couplings for the two different gases are different sizes and cannot be mixed. £120 for both cars seems fair, hope it has improved a/c performance.

Tees_FR

Sep 15, 2019
It sure is roasting, glad I got my AC done last year - only paid £30.00 inc VAT for discharge, oil and recharge. We can ignore the fact I fitted a new condenser which was more than double the cost of the refill ;)