Airlock and over heating

Tom d

May 4, 2018
Hi Guys,

Urgent help needed. I gave an ibiza fr tdi 2005.

Before Christmas previous owneri had waterpump and cambelt changed, the garage did not bleed correctly and over heated. Managed to get this sorted and has been driving ok since.

Recently started over heating amd radiator fan stopped working.
I have changed full radiator yesterday
And managed to get fans working but cannot get water flowing round the system. Both top and bottom hoses are hot so very confused.

Tried bleeding from coolant sensor, idle with cap open, driven with cap
Open. Only thinng happens is pressure in water bottle builds up and bubbles over overflowing leaving 0 water in making the process start from beggining.

Any Tricks
Please help

Tom d

May 4, 2018
maybe the over heating has damaged the stat
Heyup sorryfor late reply i work nights. The car currently has no stat in ? The airlock keeps causing back pressure in the syatem causing water to come to boil out of the tank. On a separate side there ia alap no fewe back from the water. Pump. This is stramge as this had a pump n belt in December

cheshire cat

Dec 28, 2002
cheshire
Visit site
"hey-up"--- you must be local :) this may seem counter intuitive but I would put in a new stat and go from there the other reason for "boiling" is loss of pressure ie; leak --may be the cap seal

Tom d

May 4, 2018
"hey-up"--- you must be local :) this may seem counter intuitive but I would put in a new stat and go from there the other reason for "boiling" is loss of pressure ie; leak --may be the cap seal
Sounds pike were local :).

Ive tried all sort d and i seems to be over pressurising. I cant see it but either faulty waterpump or head gasket. Tried all sorts with it. Been told one of the easiest engines to bleed.
Basically what happens in the expansion bottle there is no feed back on the top hose. Means when driving the pressure backs up and xhucks all the coolant out everywhere. Thats why at first i thought it was a massive air lock, sometimes the water glows and you get a small trickle from the top ofbthe tank them stops. The car fowa not over heat until
The water boils up the bottle if that makes sense.

Any help really appreciated
Driving me mad.

Tom d

May 4, 2018
Also i have tried all sorts:

New radiator
Expansion bottle and cap
Waterpump and timing belt kit november 2017
Fan relays
Heater matrix blown out.

Also not sure exactly what thI flow back should bbe like with the 1,9 tdi fr.

Tom d

May 4, 2018
Heyup having this done tomorrow. Had a guy do aomethcwlles aniff teat done amd it ahowed as clear. This car ia very confusing.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members