Alana Radio Problems

Ibiza1.2

Okay i have a seat ibiza 1.2 just got it yesterday from a garage it is a 2002 and when i got it the guy told me the radio was stuck in safe mode after he serviced it an he was just waiting for the codes. But last night i was reading the manual for the radio and i found the radio code so i went out and followed the instructions but it is still stuck in safe mode.

What is happening is when i keep my finger on the PTY button waitin for the sound nothing happens and i am left holdin it in for up to 5 minutes without hearing a sound.

Any1 else have this problem or know how i can fix it thanks

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
Try the SCAN button instead. There is a mis-print in some of the manuals that says to use the PTY button.

Ibiza1.2

ye im goin to get a new one in a few weeks but its a bit of a pain without the radio ya know but thanks anyways.

some1 told me to leave the radio on the safe mode for 1 hour with the keys in and then it will go off and i can enter the code so ill give that a try in the mornin

markthommo_84

Sep 10, 2006
England
yeah i've had this problem before, like kriso said, the manual says to press the wrong button. you only need to hold the button a few seconds, why sit for 5 mins lol?

and joe-ibiza, i find my stereo (Alana mp3) fine - especially with ipod connected through its dock port - as opposed to the headphone jack.
sometimes depending on the song (various bit rates in songs) i find lower quality tracks vibrate too much in bassy songs. but high quality tracks (256+) are very good.

still, i do keep an eye out for a double din ipod stereo - a nice one, with album art dispay and what not. there are a few out there but they play dvds and **** and cost too much - i just want a nice ipod stereo, i'd do without radio even, never mind DVD and bluetooth junk.

OFI

Sep 5, 2007
Salisbury
Small bump..

Just bought a 2003 and the HU is in SAFE mode. Guy who sold it said it was working fine until he disconnected the battery to work on it the other day.

There is a security code in the front of the booklet but having waited an hour and then entering it and pressing SCAN it just flashed SAFE a few times and returned to the locked out SAFE screen.

Is there something i'm missing/done wrong or has the HU or booklet possibly been replaced at some time? :(

Paying a stealer for the code is false economy but I just wanted to use this HU at least for now :-/

Virgoalpha24

This is straight off the manual but it worked for me. Especially the last bit

Hold the 'PTY' key until you hear a conformation signal (i didn't hear one but held it down for around 30secs)
use the < > keys to select CODE funtion it should come up with '1000' (i was already on this for some reason)

press the '1' to '4' keys until the correct number is displayed on the screen i.e press 1, 3 times to get 3 button 2, 3 times to get 3 (you'll see when you try it).

Once the correct code is displayed press the 'PTY' key, SAFE should be displayed.

Hold the 'PTY' button until the conformation signal sounds (again i didn't hear one)

If the above doesn't work (which it didn't for me) try the below

Enter the code as above. Then hold the 'SCAN' key for 30secs. Hope that works.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise