Alhambra gear coupling under gearstick

rabbi63

Hi I have a manual 98 r diesel ,Does anyone have any info on the coupling underneath the gearstcik and how easy it is to change as the ball joint has come out of the plastic soocket and can therefore only get first and second. this is the wifes car and she is now using my Alhambra so i wantit back before she kills that one as well.

I do not know if you have to buy the whole assembley or are able to get the items individually? look forward to some help

regards

Dan-Alhambra

Hi, i had the same problem on my Bammer and only had 3rd & 4th. You have to buy the whole assembly, is was about £30 from the Seat dealership. Its easy enough to do, the hardest bit is in the engine bay, but once you remove the radiator bottle its fine. The whole centre console has to come out, but if i can do it anyone can.

Hope this helps

Dan

rabbi63

Dan

Many thanks, I also had a shredded tire on mine last night, I am sorry to say that pressure is on and i succumbed to my villgae garage. I did ring the local Seat garage but they are booked up for at least a week!! They did say it was max 3 hours work and the part was £60. so all in £330. at least the wife will be back on the road and I just have to earn the money to pay for it.

once again many thanks

Michael

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.