Alhambra ( tdi 110) won't start

wifewreckscars

diesel getting to injectors, turns over, sometimes odd fire but won’t run. I think it may be to do with immobiliser ? Battery on zapper had expired and wife had been using key for some weeks. Alarm went of one evening, reset using key in passenger door. Car wouldn’t start following day. It was then towed to local garage who say immobiliser now working, but car doesn’t. Any ideas ? Is there a good test of immobiliser function (as opposed to central locking).:confused:

sssstew

Editing your spelling
yes agreed i think thats still an immobiliser issue. theres nothing else to look at when starting on a diesel, glow plugs arent going to come into it with the current temps and anyway you could just keep cranking over and it would start without them, albeit lumpy.

not sure about testing the immobiliser though sorry.

basstard

Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site
there's plenty of things that can go bad when a tdi isn't starting,,, if there's something wrong with the immo the immo light flickers and the car starts for a few seconds,,,

it could be a lot of things,,, you really need to do a scan for fault records in the ecu, either with vagcom or at the dealer,,,

I had a problem with mine and it was the ignition barrel in the steering column,,,

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise