All Front Lights On Right Side Not Working?

EViS

The low beam, high beam, and fog light at the front on the right side of my Ibiza are no longer working. The left side is fine, although I am unsure whether the high beam is working (quite tired when I arrived home late last night and there didn't seem much of a difference between low/high beam to me).

I would put this down to:

a ) Blown bulbs. Big coincidence?
b ) Loose connection. Where would I look for this connection in newbie terms?
c ) Anything else?

I did have to jump start my car (with cables) a few weeks back and have not bee driving at night since, but maybe a possible cause of this problem?

lemonslap

In The Know
Mar 14, 2009
Kent
The low beam, high beam, and fog light at the front on the right side of my Ibiza are no longer working. The left side is fine, although I am unsure whether the high beam is working (quite tired when I arrived home late last night and there didn't seem much of a difference between low/high beam to me).

I would put this down to:

a ) Blown bulbs. Big coincidence?
b ) Loose connection. Where would I look for this connection in newbie terms?
c ) Anything else?

I did have to jump start my car (with cables) a few weeks back and have not bee driving at night since, but maybe a possible cause of this problem?

Check the fuses and relays mate your best friend will be a multimeter!

EViS

Any idea how the fuses are divided up? i.e. Are all three lights on each side on one fused circuit and the other side on another? Also, where is the fuse box located?

lemonslap

In The Know
Mar 14, 2009
Kent
Any idea how the fuses are divided up? i.e. Are all three lights on each side on one fused circuit and the other side on another? Also, where is the fuse box located?

the fuse box is located under the dash on the drivers side

EViS

Pulled the fuse out for the headlights and pushed it back in and all working again. Very odd! Did have to change the low beam bulb as that had blown though.

For anyone who reads this at a later date, there is a diagram of the fuse layout on the inside panel covering the fuse box under the drivers area.

Cainer

Nov 9, 2008
Could be like in my house a bulb blows and trips the whole lot, nice to know thats its simple if it happens to me :)

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Could be like in my house a bulb blows and trips the whole lot, nice to know thats its simple if it happens to me :)

That just means that you might want to change the "type" of MCB so that it will still provide adequate over current protection for the wiring but tolerate short term surges like when a bulb goes pop. Normally they fit type A or type 1 when a C or 3 is really needed especially with "inverted" bulbs - or (greenish statement) replace with low energy bulbs!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.