Allards PD150 Intercooler Pipework Fitting...

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Hi,

Ordered my Allards kit now, not in no rush to get it fitted but I'm ordering other parts needed so it all fits with minimal stress. :lol:

I've been to SEAT and ordered the OEM intercooler brackets upper and lower because I told AwesomeGTI to take them off so they wouldnt rub the robust SFS silicone away :p, silly me told Awesome to throw my old brackets away as I thought the SFS kit would have lasted me the life of the car (yeh right!)

So........now I just need something to make the Allards brackets and the OEM brackets to mate up nicely, what have people used? Some sort of thick rubber grommet/washer? Any detals would be a massive help so I can get on fellbay and get some on order.

Cheers people,
Chris

Mike FR+

I have just PM'd you Chris with how I fit mine and where you need to box clever a bit.

I used a rubber door stop from focus DIY (available in all other quality DIY shops too lol) and a 2" bolt and nut to fix the top boost pipe to the engine cover mount (its about 2.5" difference compared to the Golf, the car that the kit is designed for). I also modified the bracket that comes with the kit for the bottom pipe and mated it into the sump with one of the existing sump bolts.

Be prepare to be suprised mate, the kit is quality. No lag, awesome boost roar too.

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
I have just PM'd you Chris with how I fit mine and where you need to box clever a bit.

I used a rubber door stop from focus DIY (available in all other quality DIY shops too lol) and a 2" bolt and nut to fix the top boost pipe to the engine cover mount (its about 2.5" difference compared to the Golf, the car that the kit is designed for). I also modified the bracket that comes with the kit for the bottom pipe and mated it into the sump with one of the existing sump bolts.

Be prepare to be suprised mate, the kit is quality. No lag, awesome boost roar too.

Cheers Mike, you are a bloody star!

What was involved with the fabrication of the bottom bracket so it fits onto the sump bolt? Is it just a case of bending the bracket or some sort of welding to lengthen it?

Ta very muchly

Mike FR+

It is the first ones Chris, the black bumpstops. I have a spare one you can have if you get stuck.

My Allards kit was made and polished and turned up in less than a week, Alan Allard was a star and gave me a very good price when I mentioned this forum.

I prefer the kit to the SFS kit I was running, feels much stronger and a great noise.

Mike FR+

Oh, and Chris, the bracket needed a little ground of each end and twisted a little to fit the underside of the car, very easy (especially with a blow torch haha)

brad1

Mike FR+ have you got any pics of your kit fitted?? Or in progress when fitting??

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
It is the first ones Chris, the black bumpstops. I have a spare one you can have if you get stuck.

My Allards kit was made and polished and turned up in less than a week, Alan Allard was a star and gave me a very good price when I mentioned this forum.

I prefer the kit to the SFS kit I was running, feels much stronger and a great noise.

Alan Allard also offered me the kit for an outstanding price. Much cheaper than what the SFS kit cost me.

Mike FR+

I will take some pics tomorrow and post them for you to have a look at. Just been looking at my Photobucket but couldnt find any.

I think that this kit is a good progression from the SFS kit especially if you want to further increase boost pressures as I think the metal pipes hold boost for longer and stronger. My car definately pulls harder (and I always have a little smile when I get the burble at idle and the echoy roar when I give it some beans lol)

Im still trying to fing a bloody standard airbox that I dont have to remortgage for!!!

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
MIKE - i have a pd 150 airbox in my garage in mint condition pm me if your interested!!!!

Here's my allards set up.

01112009419.jpg

31102009414.jpg

31102009415.jpg

01112009421.jpg

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
@ MJ:

I love the extra blue hoses you have. Where those a kit or did you just buy lengths of various diameter pipe and do it yourself?

I know SFS do the coolant kit, is this what you have on yours?

I want to do the lines from the fuel filter and the coolant header tank hose, what dia are these?

Mike FR+

Hi Chris

The pipes to the fuel filter are 8mm. I have just ordered some off ebay, blue, 1m length for less than a tenner delivered. Here is the item number - 140342300111