Alloy Scuffed!!

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
:cry: I scuffed my alloy today, some clown in a banged up estate escourt wouldnt move up in traffic to let me turn left, moved up a wee biit and me the silly arse squeezed in and the noise started!! not too bad will post a picture tomorrow in day light. Request for refurb in N.Ireland!

Armitage SHanks

Don't know about in NI but the going rate down here in the West Country seems to be about 40 quid per wheel.

Good luck.

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
Thank armitage SHanks, had thought that, but then found rates at over £100/wheel!!:-o

Here is wee pic:

PA180225.jpg
[/IMG]

PA180224.jpg

Last edited:

m4ttl

at £100 per wheel you could buy a new one!!

I have to echo the previous post - £40 per wheel is the going rate, especially for cash!

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
That great. yeah, i was a bit shocked at £100. will try a few searches for refurb round here again. Thanks, it not too bad, but only have them a few weeks!

Tallica

Aug 8, 2007
That great. yeah, i was a bit shocked at £100. will try a few searches for refurb round here again. Thanks, it not too bad, but only have them a few weeks!

Thats a bugger. Did much the same thing on my '07 Ibiza FR yesterday. :cry:
Spent last night trying out my own repairs. Filler, Paint and Lacquer. Tis much less nasty than the scuff. May get a refurb eventually.

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
Are the RS8's polished front, or machined with a chrome paint effect on top? if polished may sort it myself, just take rough edge of it. I was angry as hell, car load of people too and me in a right mood![:@]

aceman

May 6, 2002
West Yorkshire
Visit site
From the pictures that is a machined finish which will have been lacquered to stop corrosion. I would think to refurb it you would need somebody able to put it on a lathe and take a few thou' off the rim.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.