Aluminium Pedals

flyborg

Oct 15, 2016
Anyone have instructions on how to fit the stainless steel dead pedal? I got one for Christmas, which has 3 mounting holes and came with a nut and bolt and 2 washers for each one.
Thanks

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
The dead pedal (RHD) should only have 1 screw to fix it to the centre console - it also has 2 tabs which slide down into position under the carpet

mine

2yg4LuJ.jpg

flyborg

Oct 15, 2016
Thanks, the one I got for Christmas may be the wrong part. I have an automatic RHD ST. No tabs on the new dead pedal, it's just a flat plate l
cheers bud

flyborg

Oct 15, 2016
It's shaped the same as the one in the photo but no tabs. I can't post links yet but its the same as ebay item number - 162121828104

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
It's shaped the same as the one in the photo but no tabs. I can't post links yet but its the same as ebay item number - 162121828104

Ah - that screws onto the existing footrest instead of replacing it
Either use self tappers to fix it or remove the footrest and use allen headed bolts with washers/ nuts on the back to hold it on

flyborg

Oct 15, 2016
Hi all, turns out I had the plate for a manual car which is a lot slimmer width ways to the DSG version I needed. Ordered the right one, removed the dead pedal from the car, made 3 drill holes and bolted it on. Put the whole thing back and it looks good.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members