Ambient lighting in front doors

OJ9693

Mk3 Leon FR 150
Sep 2, 2019
I know you can swap between Eco mode with the white ambient lighting, and then Sport mode with the red lighting.

Does anyone know if its possible to have the red lights on in Eco mode?

Thanks in advance. :thumbup:

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I know you can swap between Eco mode with the white ambient lighting, and then Sport mode with the red lighting.

Does anyone know if its possible to have the red lights on in Eco mode?

Thanks in advance. :thumbup:
Yes, however you need to have it done via OBDEleven or VCDS/VagCOm Software. Carista may do it now too.

(All involve plugging into your OBD Port and changing settings behind the scenes).

OJ9693

Mk3 Leon FR 150
Sep 2, 2019
Yes, however you need to have it done via OBDEleven or VCDS/VagCOm Software. Carista may do it now too.

(All involve plugging into your OBD Port and changing settings behind the scenes).

Thankyou, seems a bit excessive just for a bulb colour change ha.

OJ9693

Mk3 Leon FR 150
Sep 2, 2019
I coded mine to all be red using VCDS. Silly really as it has stayed in sport mode for 2 years :lol:

Lol. I haven't owned my Leon very long so haven't had a chance to compare the MPG in either mode. Just curious if there's much of a difference, of course i know every driver is different!

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016
Lol. I haven't owned my Leon very long so haven't had a chance to compare the MPG in either mode. Just curious if there's much of a difference, of course i know every driver is different!

I am sure it is just throttle response. I drive 55 miles a day, mix of A,B, motorway and through a busy town, Reading. I get a decent return of 55mpg from a FR184 so I don't think sport is bad at all. I don't think I ever bothered with eco for more than one journey and saw no difference.

Like you say, everyone is different though

OJ9693

Mk3 Leon FR 150
Sep 2, 2019
I am sure it is just throttle response. I drive 55 miles a day, mix of A,B, motorway and through a busy town, Reading. I get a decent return of 55mpg from a FR184 so I don't think sport is bad at all. I don't think I ever bothered with eco for more than one journey and saw no difference.

Like you say, everyone is different though

I probably take quite a similar driving route to you, 29 miles to work and back, mainly A and B road with a tad of town, bumper to bumper driving. Maybe it’s time I test it in sport mode! :idea:

Although i probably won’t drive it the same knowing it’s in sport mode :cop:

Sep 20, 2019
Mine uses more fuel in eco mode hence it never gets engaged.
The car actually drops to 2 cylinder mode all by it's self which is great for fuel economy and you don't notice it's done it.

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
Sport mode is quite drivable in a cupra compared to some cars with much less power, however if its a DSG it really murders economy in my experience and isnt suitable for town driving.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Does this just apply to cars built before a certain date? If I pick red for ambient lighting it stays red no matter what mode I'm in or if I pick blue it stays blue etc. The colour isn't related to the drive mode.

OJ9693

Mk3 Leon FR 150
Sep 2, 2019
Does this just apply to cars built before a certain date? If I pick red for ambient lighting it stays red no matter what mode I'm in or if I pick blue it stays blue etc. The colour isn't related to the drive mode.

I think so. Mine is a 2015 fr 150 and there is no option to change the colours unless you use software. However i've seen people mention their face-lift models have this function and can change colours regardless of driving mode

Deleted member 103408

Pre Facelift cars only had red and white as color choice but you can make pink as well if you are so inclined

Facelift cars had 8 colors from memory but you can a) change those colors and b) add two extra ones using VCDS / OBD11

Not sure if you can change the light color according to mode I am afraid.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Pre Facelift cars only had red and white as color choice but you can make pink as well if you are so inclined

Facelift cars had 8 colors from memory but you can a) change those colors and b) add two extra ones using VCDS / OBD11

Not sure if you can change the light color according to mode I am afraid.
I'll have a dig around on the internet see if I can find anything. Thanks for the info.

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Pre facelift cars didnt have the option to choose the colour. Sport was red, anything else was white.