AMD rolling road results lower than expected... Thoughts please!

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
thats what i was thinking too Tom, open cone is a must foe better air flow/power etc but getting all the bits is a bit of a chore. Thats why a kit is the way forward for me. dont bother me they are slightly dearer

Yeah the Jabbasport one isn't cheap. Near £200 all in correct me if I'm wrong? Easy to fit though.

Was going to get a Powertec open cone induction kit down AMD on Friday but opted out after they advised me not to due to heat soak. It needs to be further to the wing of the bay and I think really you have to sort your own cold air feed from the fog before fitting one.

I don't really want to remove my fogs either tbh. By the time my car is stage 2 it'll prob be cold again and I'll get one sorted then :D

antzleoncupra

Jun 24, 2009
Billericay
well done for opting out of the powertec option mate, when i bought my LCR mine was already fitted to it, but im after a Jetex now, dont think the powertec is doing enough lol. Everyone keeps on raving abot jabbasport and i really would go for it, but AMD is just alot more convenient. Still i reckon ill have to flip a coin i guess. Im opting for stage 2 straight away :) i managed to get a quote from Hayward & Scott about a decat and 3 inch downpipe fitted, they want £400, but im going for the pipewerx on ebay for £300. Let me know your progress on your car mate, youll probably have yours all stage 2'd up before me. :D

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
well done for opting out of the powertec option mate, when i bought my LCR mine was already fitted to it, but im after a Jetex now, dont think the powertec is doing enough lol. Everyone keeps on raving abot jabbasport and i really would go for it, but AMD is just alot more convenient. Still i reckon ill have to flip a coin i guess. Im opting for stage 2 straight away :) i managed to get a quote from Hayward & Scott about a decat and 3 inch downpipe fitted, they want £400, but im going for the pipewerx on ebay for £300. Let me know your progress on your car mate, youll probably have yours all stage 2'd up before me. :D

I will go Jetex maybe winter time or whenever it gets cold, but from experience, open cone is hassle and heat soak over the summer months. My Pipercross panel filter is less than a week old and I can tell it is spooling up nicer now I've had that fitted along with the Forge TIP.

Jabbasport is a bit of a mission but a great establishment going by people's comments on here. Only here good things. AMD have been brilliant with me and have their own BTCC team so they know what they're doing. I trust them with my car and for me that decides where it goes for work to be done.

Is the Pipe Werx your going for a decat aswell or sports cat? I'm after sports cat not de-cat. Bit too much hassle for MOT etc if I'm honest mate.

I'll follow up with a thread or a reader's ride one day soon about my car. Hoping by the end of summer to have a major mod done, got ideas going through my head at the mo whether to get a Forge FMIC, AMD stage 1 map, a Blueflame cat-back or full turbo-back OR some Weitec coilovers...

Stage 1 is looking least likely now as I want to do the others 1st then just go straight to stage 2.

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
I'm not sure about June's meet yet, I'v got a lot on next month so I might not be there, I'll let you know though

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
I'm not sure about June's meet yet, I'v got a lot on next month so I might not be there, I'll let you know though

Ok mate, nice one. I need to make a few as I won't be making the RR'd day

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
i regret not going to stage 2 straight away, but then 225 to 285 would of got me in trouble pretty quickly....as did going from 110 bhp (focus) to a 225 hot hatch back in 2006 ;-)

Thing is going to stage 2 straight away is going to be a while and also going to require me spending money on FMIC/Zorst which won't make the car 'much' faster, when I know I'm dying for the map to be done.

Decisions, decisions.. :whistle:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.