Amrest iPod Combo!

Xe

Okay here it is at last!

The armrest is designed and made in Italy, made of black leather. It can be extended forward for ultimate motorway cruising comfort. It also lifts up to reveal the 2 cup holders where I have seamlessly installed my iPod video mp3 player dock, which I can control from the steering wheel.

Overall I'm really pleased with the result, it keeps my iPod out of view and there are no cables, and the armrest is really comfortable.

If anyone requires extra info or pics just shout ;) (I may have gone a bit over the top playing with Photoshop :p )

amrest3hc7.jpg

amrest4qc7.jpg

amrest2aa5.jpg

amrest1ia4.jpg

317f_1.JPG

31d9_1.JPG

For all those who want to get one of these armrests (which IMO are better then the Seat ones), you can get them here:

Ebay: Item number: 270125258576
and
Here
(same product from same people)

Last edited by a moderator:

JonoUK

Apr 29, 2007
North Yorkshire
I can't PM you yet, but any chance you could post up info here at all? It does look nice (even if you've gone all artistic on us)!

Xe

I will post proper photos tonight. I was playing with my new copy of Photoshop CS3 last night. :p

RalphUp

3 Kids 1 Wife 0 Cash
Oct 13, 2006
Yorkshire
Looks Great (which IPOD inerface are you using?) I have the factory fitted one but I can only control 6 playlists :-(
I like the idea of the extending armrest (like my old vectra!)

Xe

I'm using an Dension iPod ICE>Link Plus (VW version). Its connected to the CD changer socket on the head unit as yours is, hence I assume I should also have a 6 play list limit, I will confirm later.

69753159kk1.jpg

91366941by1.jpg

59743908gc6.jpg

38426729if9.jpg

JonoUK

Apr 29, 2007
North Yorkshire
When you do investigate, would you mind trying (if it won't mess up your ipod too much) having just 6 playlists on the ipod, then again with more - as many as you like. It would be interesting to see if it just sees the first 6, or the last 6. Or any 6 it finds. I'm guessing the first 6 but you never know.

Xe

Seems as so I can add as many playlists as I want, I currently have 9, and they all work. I just go "up" a menu, scroll through them and select which ever. I'm limited to 6 if I only use the buttons numbered 1-6 on the radio itself. I can also play through the iPod (everything) or just albums, or default/created playlists.

Xe

Nothing just says "CD1" etc for the playlist, and then "Track 01" up to however many you have put in your playlist. Unfortunately you get no track names :/

leon1p

XBL - dervturbo
Jun 30, 2006
Aberdeen
www.simplyrc.com
You can only have 5 playlists activated by the HU buttons.. number 6 accesses the dension menu on the iPod allowing you to then select any other playlist other than the first 5 defined alphabetically/numerically.

Rename the playlists you want to be activated by the buttons to something like "1 Car Music" "2 Girlys Music" etc.

JonoUK

Apr 29, 2007
North Yorkshire
Awesome, thanks for that mr Leon1p :) Really helpful stuff.
Does it come with an adaptor for say, an ipod nano... or is it just the big beefy ones that fit? The only pic of a nano connected I've seen is of one on the dealer-fit cable thingy. Mine will be under the seat I think.

Xe

You can only have 5 playlists activated by the HU buttons.. number 6 accesses the dension menu on the iPod allowing you to then select any other playlist other than the first 5 defined alphabetically/numerically.

Rename the playlists you want to be activated by the buttons to something like "1 Car Music" "2 Girlys Music" etc.

Nice tip, Thanks!

Recruiter77

Hey - where can I get an armrest like that? I have a Leon 2002 1,9TDi, and cannot find an original armrest that is actually for sale, and not only in pics....

Ideas?

*Fred*

wag

hi, just orderd black leather armrest off ebay from italian jack, then realised have aux socket on centre console (leon fr) can anyone let me know if they have fitted one to their fr and did this cause any problems
accouder pour seat leon 2005>
cheers

Xe

It may be ok, I think the armrest will come up short to your AuX socket. Post a measurement and then I will go check on mine if it will hit or miss ;)

wag

Hi, thanks for reply the best way i can describe where the aux socket sits on centre console is that it is dead centre between the edge of front cup holder and the back edge of console switch panel, the socket is 25mm square. hope this gives you some idea of location.
cheers

FRLeon

Full Memeber
May 12, 2007
Northants
Hi
This may seem a silly question does the arm rest just slot in the orignal cup holders or do you have to fit it using screws etc

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.