Andrew Jordan joins VXR Racing

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
Well, thats one less team next year, not good news for BTCC

But we have new teams coming in like Tempus, Arena and hopefully CVR. And it looks like existing teams will be growing like BTC Racing and Motorbase.

But I am sad that we won't see the Integras with possibly the most recognisable livery on it this year.

FSiLeonMike

Barmy Army Reservist (TA)
Apr 26, 2007
Bury St Edmunds/Stowmarket-ish
But we have new teams coming in like Tempus, Arena and hopefully CVR. And it looks like existing teams will be growing like BTC Racing and Motorbase.

But I am sad that we won't see the Integras with possibly the most recognisable livery on it this year.

Tempus and Arena, yes.

CVR "should" be making an announcement (would have thought Autosport Show this weekend would have been the ideal time for that)

BTC's website hasn't been updated since November, they may still only have 1 driver

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
good to see one of the Jordan's still in the field. Always very impressed with their performance in the 08 season. After SEAT guys these were the other people I supported quietly (alongside ex-SEAT Jackson)

As much as it perhaps get's to me a bit I wouldn't mind seeing AJ do for VXR what I would love him to do; and that is show a bit of courage and tenacity and get in amongst the front runners and really pick up significant points and take points from Giovanardi. I hope that if he does that, that will have the effect of doing his confidence no end of good. And if he does boost his own confidence I see no reason why he cannot get atleasy very close indeed to atleast the 97 points that Tom Onslow Cole picked up in the first half of last season if not his finally tally of 170 for the whole season.

On my list of the most exciting young prospects in touring car racing he is at the top.

You heard it here first!:)

FSiLeonMike

Barmy Army Reservist (TA)
Apr 26, 2007
Bury St Edmunds/Stowmarket-ish
I would like to think he will remain the gentleman on the track that he was at Eurotech

Although he pushes hard, and has great potential, he nevers seems to be one to make "dirty" moves (yes, I know touring cars involves "rubbing", but some drivers have the tendency to rub too hard sometimes)

Andywarr

Feb 27, 2008
i thought vauxhall would have updated the raace car to the insignia now the vectra is dead

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
VXR have said this will be the last year racing the Vectra's

I do admit the Insignia does look nicer from an aethethic stand-point, even though I know little of the touring car resembles the production version. Everything from the chasis down to the nuts and bolts of the car are built and designed for racing.

But being a brand-new car, my thought is that the drivers may find the feel different. Would Giovanardi and Neal especialy suffer greatly in terms of their performances from racing a car with a whole new feel?

Andywarr

Feb 27, 2008
I do admit the Insignia does look nicer from an aethethic stand-point, even though I know little of the touring car resembles the production version. Everything from the chasis down to the nuts and bolts of the car are built and designed for racing.

But being a brand-new car, my thought is that the drivers may find the feel different. Would Giovanardi and Neal especialy suffer greatly in terms of their performances from racing a car with a whole new feel?

i doubt it, gio adapted pretty well from the astra, look at turkington he swapped from a fwd to a rwd and was on the pace straight away, these are professional drivers remember

warren_cox

Back from the dead
I guess the longer wheel based cars are more balanced handling wise, and you can spread weight across them better when you're carrying ballast. I'm still unsure of the insignia, it may be a grower. Clarkson wasn't too kind to it, given he's turned into an Opel/Vauxhall lover this year. Remember how Clarkson slammed the Vectra VXR for its woeful understeer and poor dynamics. Just proves a race car is no yardstick for it's distant cousin the road car.

Astra sport hatch would make a handsome beast, but I suppose the men in suits will have been tinkering with the regulation books again to justify their existence and inflated salaries.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.