Android auto disconnected

Chromedome

Apr 12, 2023
Greetings hive mind.

So a coupe of weeks ago my android auto just refused to work and hasn't since. I relised my software on the infotainment was out of date so i booked my mk4 leon into my seat dealer and rectified that. I had that done today but it still will not work. Wireless or cable. I know it isn't an issue with my phone as i work at a motorstore and have tried various cars and the courtesy car i had today, a 2023 seat arona, it worked straight away. Is the use of android auto a contractual thing? Yearly payment or something along those lines?

Thanks as always.

Alex667

Jan 10, 2023
United Kingdom
No it's not a paid feature. Have you tried totally removing the device from the phone and the car (via the settings in each), and re-pairing?

Chromedome

Apr 12, 2023
No it's not a paid feature. Have you tried totally removing the device from the phone and the car (via the settings in each), and re-pairing?
Yeah tried that numerous times. Trying to avoid resetting my phone. Last resort.

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
Afraid it's usually always the phone, not much you can do with the car as that side is just a remote display for the phone itself.

Try to force close Android auto and clear all it's data and cache, or try a different phone, but usually it's some setting or file corrupt inside your phone which has decided that connection just won't work again.

Chromedome

Apr 12, 2023
Afraid it's usually always the phone, not much you can do with the car as that side is just a remote display for the phone itself.

Try to force close Android auto and clear all it's data and cache, or try a different phone, but usually it's some setting or file corrupt inside your phone which has decided that connection just won't work again.
A phone reset wouldn't work you reckon?

Mar 11, 2023
Did you tried another phone on your car?
If other phone works the problem is on your phone, if not is on the car.
As you said they have done an software update, the android auto, carplay and mirror link (wireless and USB) must be activated when update was done... if not, you must go to seat dealer to activate or use OBDEleven if you have one.

Jan 28, 2023
Hi on previous seats I’ve had android auto issues tried data log with android and the android auto app never to any success
Tried iPhone and never had the issue again

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.