Android Auto - Max volume level over cable connection is low

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
Hi there,

Sorry if this was discussed before, I used the search function but couldn't manage to find anything related.

When my phone is connected to my car's head unit over Bluetooth (no Android Auto), the maximum sound level is very satisfactory; in fact it is so loud you probably don't want to set it to higher than 50%.

But when it is connected over cable (Android Auto) the maximum sound level is way lower, I can easily set it to max without being disturbed. If I need to give a number, I'd say it's 50% lower than max level of Bluetooth connection, maybe more.

I wonder if this is the case for everyone (i.e. by design).

Best regards,
Serdar

2018 Leon FR with MIB2 Std and Seat Sound,
Phone is Sony Xperia 1 Mk III with Android 12.
Using Spotify.

Dudept

Nov 18, 2020
Hi there,

Sorry if this was discussed before, I used the search function but couldn't manage to find anything related.

When my phone is connected to my car's head unit over Bluetooth (no Android Auto), the maximum sound level is very satisfactory; in fact it is so loud you probably don't want to set it to higher than 50%.

But when it is connected over cable (Android Auto) the maximum sound level is way lower, I can easily set it to max without being disturbed. If I need to give a number, I'd say it's 50% lower than max level of Bluetooth connection, maybe more.

I wonder if this is the case for everyone (i.e. by design).

Best regards,
Serdar

2018 Leon FR with MIB2 Std and Seat Sound,
Phone is Sony Xperia 1 Mk III with Android 12.
Using Spotify.

Same problem here. No ideia why i have search and nothing..

SEAT arona 2018 mib2high

Enviado do meu Redmi Note 9 Pro através do Tapatalk

Reactions: serdar_18fr

Lozzy15

Mods mods mods
Staff member
Mar 24, 2015
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
Funny enough I noticed this very issue the other day after using Android Auto for the first time in a very long time. Haven't had a play about with it yet so no idea here either. I know there is a setting in the sound settings menu to allow the volume to goto maximum but I already have this set and it hasn't made a difference :unsure:

CalJames

Modification Addict
Jun 25, 2019
North Wales
I'll chime in on this, had 2 courtesy cars(Seat & Audi) that came standard with Android Auto and in both it was at least 20% quieter than Bluetooth. However, I had a Kenwood headunit fitted in my old Civic and Android Auto was very loud. Can't see a reason for it, but it seems that factory fitted has the issue

John Wick

May 12, 2022
Apologies, i know this is a Leon forum, but i have a formentor and when i connect cable android auto it works fine and spotify plays, but i cannot get any sound from the speakers, when i try and adjust the steering wheel sound it moves only a fraction? Any suggestions why i am getting nothing from the speakers? many thanks

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
Apologies, i know this is a Leon forum, but i have a formentor and when i connect cable android auto it works fine and spotify plays, but i cannot get any sound from the speakers, when i try and adjust the steering wheel sound it moves only a fraction? Any suggestions why i am getting nothing from the speakers? many thanks
Not sure it's the same thing but sometimes I experience a similar problem in my Leon. The only way I could find to get rid of it is to push voice command button on the steering wheel, enter the voice command mode, then cancel it from the infotainment screen by pushing X on the upper right corner. This way the volume control gets restored to its normal state.

Hope this helps,
Serdar

Reactions: John Wick
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.