Android Auto - sound quality from Tidal/Spotify - How to increase a quality?

Jun 27, 2023
Hi,

With the new car (Formentor VZ5) I am again going through the stage of problems related to the sound quality of playing music using AA and accompanying applications (e.g. Tidal).

I use a cable connection - because it guaranteed the best quality in my previous car - although I have the impression that in Formentora there is no full control over it.

Are any of you audiophiles who have found the "perfect" settings for a beat's set combined with AA music playback and it sounds "good"?

tzuicomicina

Feb 14, 2023
I don't have an Android phone anymore but if I remember correctly bluetooth connection is enforced while Android Auto is used. Now if you go to your phone bluetooth settings and check the car connection details, make sure that only phone calls go through and not music/audio. In this way all audio goes via cable and not via a poor random bluetooth audio codec.

Last edited:
Reactions: RyuCupra
May 30, 2022
Interestingly, when I connect my android phone to the car via bluetooth, and listen to music on Spotify, it is much louder. But when i connect AA, and play via Spotify, the music is half the volume lower, but the setting of the volume is still showing the same level.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.