Can you connect to Android Auto wireless ?

cernbog

Sep 6, 2021
Good morning fellow Formentor heads,

I've recently purchased the new Pixel 6 and it seems that there are some issues with the new "improved" Android Auto on Android 12, which they merged with Google Maps and crated the "Driver Mode". With this phone, although having disabled anything battery saving related, my AA crashes after some time while being connected via cable. A brief google search told me that I'm not the only one experiencing this.

My hope is that I can use AA wireless but it seems to be disabled by default on my car. I'm driving a Formentor 1.5TSI DSG7 2021 make, it's running on OS version 1803 (with no pending updates), and tried 3 different Android devices so far. None of them wanted to enable wireless AA. Yes, tried it also with Developer options on and always made sure that the "Wireless" option was enabled in the AA settings.

My question is this: is there any way, official or unofficial, to make it work? Or is this lock country dependent (in my case being Romania) ?

Thanks!

Formentor 21

Nov 7, 2021
Good morning fellow Formentor heads,

I've recently purchased the new Pixel 6 and it seems that there are some issues with the new "improved" Android Auto on Android 12, which they merged with Google Maps and crated the "Driver Mode". With this phone, although having disabled anything battery saving related, my AA crashes after some time while being connected via cable. A brief google search told me that I'm not the only one experiencing this.

My hope is that I can use AA wireless but it seems to be disabled by default on my car. I'm driving a Formentor 1.5TSI DSG7 2021 make, it's running on OS version 1803 (with no pending updates), and tried 3 different Android devices so far. None of them wanted to enable wireless AA. Yes, tried it also with Developer options on and always made sure that the "Wireless" option was enabled in the AA settings.

My question is this: is there any way, official or unofficial, to make it work? Or is this lock country dependent (in my case being Romania) ?

Thanks!
AA works wirelessly with Pixel 6 and older Android phone. I never even tried it with the cable. I'm not sure what version the car (UK) is on.

Surprising as I thought AA wireless was not yet available.

cernbog

Sep 6, 2021
AA works wirelessly with Pixel 6 and older Android phone. I never even tried it with the cable. I'm not sure what version the car (UK) is on.

Surprising as I thought AA wireless was not yet available.
Well it doesn't, in my case. Hence the question, if this is a car thing which can be overcome officially or unofficially, or if this is a country lock because in Romania it might be impossible to do it.

Napmasterflash

Jan 21, 2021
Android Auto is country specific for some reason. I have a Pixel 5 in the UK and Android Auto works perfectly wired and wireless.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: cernbog

Formentor 21

Nov 7, 2021
Well it doesn't, in my case. Hence the question, if this is a car thing which can be overcome officially or unofficially, or if this is a country lock because in Romania it might be impossible to do it.
Given it does work wirelessly, the car can do it. Ergo, it is either a country lock or a SW version (which might itself be a country thing)

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
Romania was mentioned here before and AA wireless is not available. It's also not available in Poland, but I saw some posts on internet that people are unlocking it, not sure how. Maybe OBD Eleven or some other software.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise