android auto wireless

gorski

Dec 2, 2017
guys do you know if it's possible to enable aa wireless on arona my21 (end of 2020).
mine spec: 6F0035820C
h56 firmware 0782, I've been trying on all possible.ways, my android is 11 but couldn't get it working. only wired solution works..

Tell

Staff member
Think you will be disappointed if mib2, you need the 5 gHz band for that atleast. You will find it only radiates the 2.4ghz band to my knowledge (see below re Arona). You could play with Obdeleven in 5f look for the band and toggle on. My mib2high does not manage the higher band. Even if it does you need the software in it. Pretty sure the WiFi enabled mib2 ones didn't come to the Arona in any case. They came at the tail end of mib2 on Leons etc. If you see nothing about WiFi on the screens you have no chance. They were released to support Seat apps prior to the push into mib3 and connected services.

Good news is that the inbuilt sat nav chipset picks up three different satellite groups more than my 2016 mib2 high. US, Russian and Chinese 😍 (suspect an Asian chipset). Why you get such a high number of satellites locked on with that unit. Probably doesn't help if you dont want to use the built in sat nav.

gorski

Dec 2, 2017
my Arona is mib3 im sure about that also mib3 is capable to utilize wifi 5g so all things are here - i just got info from another forum it must be enabled via VCDS or any other tool - im just wonder why Seat is holding this option disabled.

Tell

Staff member
If mib3 with the connect services have a look at the Leon 4 threads. The ones exported to the UK aren't suppose to do Android Auto Wireless. Some people have managed this. The serial number seems to be key.

I eyeballed a German Leon thread and deduced that. Confirmed in the UK. May be a similar situation on the Arona but ofcourse different models. Let you research that one.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.