Andys Glacier Blue Ibiza Tdi

marksy93

In an Ibiza..FR This Time
Aug 26, 2010
N.Yorkshire
Like scott says straight swap. 2 screws and a tug and it comes out unplug it, plug this one in and screw it back in. id recommend taking the fuse out whilst doing it to. i managed to blow mine, metal screwdriver touching the metal bit that holds the bulb in = big spark ;)

:lol: - what bulbs do i need? not really wanted the 'white' light looking for a much brighter (maybe a lil bit bluey) light - but not chavvy :)

andy17

PD100
May 20, 2009
Southport
:lol: - what bulbs do i need? not really wanted the 'white' light looking for a much brighter (maybe a lil bit bluey) light - but not chavvy :)

Not got round to changing my bulbs yet as they came with it but this thread should help

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=290172&highlight=interior+light

Looks like they got these units standard in MK5, and im also sure they are in the mainland europe mk4s. Also in loads of VW's so you should pick one up cheap. I paid £6.19 for the unit and bulbs on ebay auction as a rough guide for you. Very helpful for driving home from work at random o'clock in the morning and you need to pull over for a feast

JordanMk3

WackyColouredWheelsFTW
Jan 18, 2010
Little Hulton, Manchester
Not got round to changing my bulbs yet as they came with it but this thread should help

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=290172&highlight=interior+light

Looks like they got these units standard in MK5, and im also sure they are in the mainland europe mk4s. Also in loads of VW's so you should pick one up cheap. I paid £6.19 for the unit and bulbs on ebay auction as a rough guide for you. Very helpful for driving home from work at random o'clock in the morning and you need to pull over for a feast

Hahaha!! FúCKING Legend!!

marksy93

In an Ibiza..FR This Time
Aug 26, 2010
N.Yorkshire
ha ha love the comment - thanks for the info though......bought the unit & 2 x 501 W5W CanBus Error Free bulbs & 1 x 264 Festoon Dome 18 LED so shall wait for that to turn up and fit that :)

andy17

PD100
May 20, 2009
Southport
Sorted the insurance today. Was paying £190 a month for the last 2 months (yeah didnt mention that). The same company sent a renewal of £1950....no thanks

Anyway just done a one of payment of £1100 which I am prety pleased with. Tried everywhere to get it under a £1000 but it wasnt happening.

This includes 90 free days european cover so I think I will go to europe for 90 days at some point....might as well use it

Also got a facelift bumper lying round. Hopefully this will be on in the next month or 2...sloooooow. Car needs the aux belt sorting to as its squeaky and ruins my diesel noise

Thats all for now...well im off to ebay so might be back later after spending my last dimes

andy17

PD100
May 20, 2009
Southport
Lol sounds good matey, at least you've gotten some money off now.
Will be nice to see the FL bumper on!

Yep means I can work less because im lazy OR still work as much and spend money. Being lazy is winning at the minute lol

Decisions to make people.

Stay standard:

DSCF0444.jpg

Or risk going chavtastic

DSCF0445.jpg

I want a full pro refurb on the wheels eventually. But that could be months off..

Votes on a post please ;)

JordanMk3

WackyColouredWheelsFTW
Jan 18, 2010
Little Hulton, Manchester
I actually dont mind the colour.. If the car was black, then it would look terrible, but it goes well with the car.. BUT, they would look sick in Antracite, or a darker grey.. So, if you put them on now, you will never get round to getting them repainted.. Up to you dude..

andy17

PD100
May 20, 2009
Southport
I actually dont mind the colour.. If the car was black, then it would look terrible, but it goes well with the car.. BUT, they would look sick in Antracite, or a darker grey.. So, if you put them on now, you will never get round to getting them repainted.. Up to you dude..

Thanks for the input guys i enjoyed reading that lot :happy:

Problem is solved, ive just been quoted £130 to have them done in Antracite or however the hell you spell it. So thats this months wages gone.

Although I will admit I like the blue, i might drive over to eastern europe and get one of them Poundshop vinyl wraps they do over there

Anyhow, should be on soon

Weedall

Ko4 = fun
Apr 5, 2011
Cheshire, UK
im looking to get my sport wheels done in Anthracite or a similar colour aswell, they will look sick once i get them done, im doing it when i get them refurbed in a month or so.

andy17

PD100
May 20, 2009
Southport
im looking to get my sport wheels done in Anthracite or a similar colour aswell, they will look sick once i get them done, im doing it when i get them refurbed in a month or so.

nice one, i am undecided on anthracite or gun metal at the moment. lied in my last post, paying 140 for them all. get some pics up of yours when there done :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.