angel eyes/halo bulbs

snoop

Hustla
Sep 12, 2001
Harrow, Middlesex
Visit site
hi

tried to avoid resurrecting dead posts, so just created a new thread. I did do a search, but nothing answers my questions.

I've got angel eyes (ebay jobby) where each angel ring has 4 holes for sidelight bulbs (w5w/501's) so in all 16 bulbs to try and light up the rings.
The bulbs they came with were incadesents and gave off a really yellowy tinge (looked cr*p) so i bought some wide angle LED bulbs (looks to be a single LED mounted under a conical/concave clear plastic bit (i guess this makes the light wide angle) the problem with these is that they really don't make the angel eyes/halo rings very bright.

What do people suggest i should do. I read the long thread that robdon contributed to (about opening the headlamp and using a flexible LED strip) but cos i use the car everyday (probably be able to put a sunday aside to do this) dunno if this is a practical way of doing it.

Would it be better to use Quad LED bulbs or the Xenon Incadesents that can be found on ebay, or should i put some time aside to take my front bumper off and remove my headlamps?

any suggestions ould be gratefully recieved!!!!

Thanks

Matt Cupra R

Jan 13, 2006
Berkshire
hi

I've got angel eyes (ebay jobby) where each angel ring has 4 holes for sidelight bulbs (w5w/501's) so in all 16 bulbs to try and light up the rings.
The bulbs they came with were incadesents and gave off a really yellowy tinge (looked cr*p) so i bought some wide angle LED bulbs (looks to be a single LED mounted under a conical/concave clear plastic bit (i guess this makes the light wide angle) the problem with these is that they really don't make the angel eyes/halo rings very bright.

What do people suggest i should do?

any suggestions ould be gratefully recieved!!!!

Thanks

Take them off and put the original lights back on. Angel eyes on any car other than a BMW look crap.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise