angel eyes

iannez

Jul 27, 2006
thinking about getting some angel eyes. can anyone tell me if they are as good in the dark as the standard lamps and also does anyone know what the sensor is for in between the air vents on the top of the dash. says nothing about it in the hand book.

willcooke

Brrrummmm
May 31, 2005
Beds
I think the general thought is that angle eyes (or at least the clones on ebay) don't give as much light as the OEM ones, and a HID upgrade to them is a royal pain in back pipe.

My guess for the sensor is a sunlight detector so it turns the fans up when in bright sun light?

Cheers, Will

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
he's right j@mes has them got the hid kit looks awesome all you have to do is drill larger holes for the hid and re-seal them etc, a pain, but a pain worth having!!

Reg

Professional Detailer
Oct 10, 2005
Berkshire
Its not a sensor, just part of the moulding. I'm sorry for laughing, that was rude of me. I just thought it was comical the idea that the fan comes on when the sun gets higher. Next you'll have him looking for a sundial to tell the time ;) .

willcooke

Brrrummmm
May 31, 2005
Beds
Not when the sun gets higher, when the sun gets hotter. i.e. direct sun light heats the car up, so the fans kick in a bit more.

Made perfect sense to me, and I still think that's what it's for having done a bit of searching.

:D

Reg

Professional Detailer
Oct 10, 2005
Berkshire
Fair enough mate, I still think you'll find its just a piece of plastic. Either way, it would be a temperature sensor, not a sunlight sensor ;)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.