Annoying. Vibrating rear view mirror.

Leedstilidie

Had a bump in the Altea six weeks ago. When the car came back from the body shop recently the rear view mirror has an annoying vibration which wasn't there before the crash particularly when crusing along the motorway.
Is there any way of stopping this myself by tightening etc. Any suggestions in simple speak please as I'm not used to doing things myself.

thanks in advance.

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks
More likely the vibration is on the steering or suspension and is just manifesting itse;lf on the mirror. What damage was there to the car to need a bodyshop visit?

Leedstilidie

front bumper damage. bonnet and front side panels up to the front wheels. All the work was done through an approved VW Audi bodyshop through insurance. Do you think it could be somehing to do with suspension? The vibration is only slght but constant when traveling on the motorway. You can't actually feel a differnce in the car other than seeing the mirror vibrate.

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks
I think it's probably something not aligned correctly as you say, so something suspension related or along those lines. Keep an eye on the front tyres to see if there's any unwanted wear on them in the coming months.

I doubt that taking it back and asking them to check it would be any use. Their stock answer will be that there's nothing wrong with it so it'd be a waste of time. You could always try though. Bear in mind that you're going to have to go through the insurance company with the issue and they won't want to pay out any more.

Leedstilidie

Ok mate. Thanks for your help. I'll keep an eye and mention it when it goes for its first service, see if the seat garage can alter anything. Thanks for the advice.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members