another aftermarket headunit thread lol

will_ainsworth

Sep 18, 2008
Plymouth, Devon
www.flickr.com
right please dont say 'search' as that is all i have been doing. i want to fit my headunit (just gonna put it under the steering wheel for now) but i need to know what i need to use from the oem one. i have the new head unit which came with the plugs and wires etc but do i just need to use the live etc (its bluetooth so has the extra 'tel mute' etc ,

basically is their a guide

:lol:

Dec 3, 2007
cardiff
right please dont say 'search' as that is all i have been doing. i want to fit my headunit (just gonna put it under the steering wheel for now) but i need to know what i need to use from the oem one. i have the new head unit which came with the plugs and wires etc but do i just need to use the live etc (its bluetooth so has the extra 'tel mute' etc ,

basically is their a guide

:lol:

be ghetto and do it all yourself. relay new wiring from your own power source and earth, your own ariel and speaker wire. you can do it. be a man! lol

sortu

Got To Love Diamond Audio
Jan 5, 2009
Milton Keynes
what he said ^^^, just by a new loom adapter thingy from halfords think there jus over 10pounds, but you dont need an adapter for the aerial, its long enough to reach if you put it under the steering wheel.

cuprachrissy

repost.jpg

will_ainsworth

Sep 18, 2008
Plymouth, Devon
www.flickr.com
well i took out standard headunit, wired up the parrot one, and it works all fine, but obviously once new one is pluged in i cant control the standard dash din, would i just need to connect the 3 wires from the new loom? as this is what i have been told, i cant find the guide either :( just a bit of help needed...

thanks guys

will_ainsworth

Sep 18, 2008
Plymouth, Devon
www.flickr.com
im a total noob when it comes to electrics, could you please explain and clarify, im guessing there is a cable available with the two (iso is it?) blocks? one for oem and one for aftermarket? where can i get this from?

45_CB

Back in the Cupra again
Oct 8, 2007
Plymouth, Devon
keep your standard one all plugged in

cut the perm live, ignition live, and earth, connection block them together but join the new headunit wiring into them aswell

wire all speaker wires to new headunit (no need for them to be connected to standard one anymore)

Job done

Dec 3, 2007
cardiff
defo use that theory. that way you can always use your old stereo without messing around putting the wires back together.

Daz_Wilko89

MK3 Cupra Owner
Jun 26, 2007
Yarm
keep your standard one all plugged in

cut the perm live, ignition live, and earth, connection block them together but join the new headunit wiring into them aswell

wire all speaker wires to new headunit (no need for them to be connected to standard one anymore)

Job done

Thats the exact method i did. worked a treat :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.