Anti roll bar bushes

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
Hi guys just a quick one are front anti roll bar bushes easy enough to fit and are they all a standard size im not to sure what mm my fronts are?

cheers

Aug 24, 2007
I take it they can be manipulated into place, without taking off any major parts then, eventually ?

Have got the tools you list :lol:;)

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Aye there a slip bushe that fits around the bar, then the clamp is fitted in place and bolt tightened (this is where the joint comes in handy)

Aug 24, 2007
I'm guessing a u joint but have covered all the bases anyway:D

You fitting standard or poly bushes mr Moff ?

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
well im not sure what joint their on about to be honest, so a vice, copper and spanners an what kind of joint?

going to be fitting poly this time as when installed the neuspeed ones dont seem to have lasted a trackday

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
I've been chasing a rattle that sounded exactly like the ARB bushes going rattle. After changing the bushes, ARB with new bushes I still have the rattle. I've changed the wishbone bushes and the track rod ends, still no joy. Also changed the top mount bushes and bearings, still the same!!

So hopefully last stop will be the ball joints.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
The top mount bushes aren't as much of a mare as the ARB ones, less joint will be needed;)
You will need spring compressors, a large spark plug socket and 7mm allen key (unusual size).
There is a guide on here for changing the suspension, a bit like that but alot quicker and easier

danieltm

Bit of Jabba magic!
Aug 26, 2006
Norwich
going to be fitting poly this time as when installed the neuspeed ones dont seem to have lasted a trackday[/QUOTE]

Where you getting the bushes from Moff and how much are they? I want to change mine for poly.

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
thanx senior well im wanting to get them from AMD but the useless gits never phone back so im prob going to get them from the furry badger 5

jaymd

Jun 28, 2006
Macclesfield - Cheshire
Yes slight knock that sound like metal is being hit when they are gone.
If you have a squeek sound and arb bushes are ok,one thing to check is when you close you door can a squeek be heard then as sometimes it's the radiator bushes that are gone.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.