anti roll bar question on fr(powerflex bushes)

jamesmacc

Mar 6, 2008
the anti roll bar inner bushes are worn on my 2004 ibiza fr tdi,and was thinking of ordering powerflex ones, on the website it asks if the anti roll bar is 16mm 18mm or 19mm. does anybody no off hand what size are on the fr's? was thinking of putting the fabia vrs anti roll bar and bushes on but is it true you have to remove or lower the subframe? any help would be great

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
you do have to lower the subframe to gain access, its not that hard of a job to be honest and there is a guide on here somwhere that I was going to use when doing mine.

However the other bushes look really hard to change and as I got them and my suspension fitted at the same time it made sense for me to get the ARB fitted so I never did do it myself.

Anyway have got it on and can offer some more advice should you need it

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
To change any ARB bushes, or ARB you need to drop the subframe to unbolt the clamps and make it possible to wiggle the bar itself out.

I had the Fabia vRS one and the Skoda bushes on it and it was perfect.

The wishbone/console bushes are a good bit different though!

red_october

Do you have to replace the subframe bolts with new ones once they are removed or can you use the old ones again?

joop200789

Jul 5, 2009
Barnsly
i was in that area the other day when chaging the wishbones bushes when you take the wheel of you can see the out arb bushes easliy but i dunt know where the others are well im assuming that the more then two

Aimez

Ah I see will check it out then cheers for that I am a dumb girly so wouldn't have known what to look for!
I believe that the Fabia ARB is a bit thicker and the bushes are made from more durable material, correct me if I am wrong?

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
The Fabia vRS ARB is 21mm thick whereas iirc the FR is 18mm thick. Bushes are made out of the same material.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise