Any advice re compatible dog crate for the Cupra Formentor hybrid 2021?

Jul 6, 2023
Hi,
Looking for advice/ recommendations, please. We need a dog crate for our Formentor hybrid.

recently downsized from an XC60 to the Formentor hybrid. Our Labrador remains same size! Initially started looking at dog crates that will fit the quite shallow boot of the hybrid and allow our dog maximum head space available etc for mainly very short trips.

I think there may be some companies offering made to measure solutions but these look like they cost around £400 upwards. Has anyone used these companies for a Formentor? We’re you happy Or has anyone successfully purchased a crate, big enough for a Labrador off the shelf? (Our lease only has two years to run so want to not go crazy on ££££££)

cheers,

pivko11

Jun 9, 2022
Hi,
Looking for advice/ recommendations, please. We need a dog crate for our Formentor hybrid.

recently downsized from an XC60 to the Formentor hybrid. Our Labrador remains same size! Initially started looking at dog crates that will fit the quite shallow boot of the hybrid and allow our dog maximum head space available etc for mainly very short trips.

I think there may be some companies offering made to measure solutions but these look like they cost around £400 upwards. Has anyone used these companies for a Formentor? We’re you happy Or has anyone successfully purchased a crate, big enough for a Labrador off the shelf? (Our lease only has two years to run so want to not go crazy on ££££££)

cheers,
Have you considered driving them on the rear seats?

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Have you considered driving them on the rear seats?
@Sandiemandie - Yes, if the rear seats aren’t being used for passengers, then you could get a dog carrying hammock which will also keep the seats clean. If you’re unfamiliar with these, just Google ‘rear seat dog carrying hammock.’

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
When Mrs Seriously had her Ibiza ST we had problems finding a crate big enough for our black Lab at the time that also fitted the car. We ended up with an OEM steel dog guard and a full tailgate guard which IIRC was from Guardsman.

Cuprakash

May 9, 2021
We had ours from a company called hamster baskets...it was measured and custom built for our torment of vz1 245 e hybrid.

I can't rate of highly enough,extremely light but also silent and secure.

Attachments

• PXL_20220106_124251209.jpg
    PXL_20220106_124251209.jpg
    923.7 KB · Views: 133

pivko11

Jun 9, 2022
I do not really like the idea of driving my dogs in the trunk. I fear that in case of a rear impact they would not be protected.
They drive in the rear seat, certified harnesses for in car transport (she does not have it yet in the photo, we only got her recently), with leashes plugged in the seatbelt locks (not sure if it is the correct term :)) This is legal for dog transport in cars in EU.
I bought a Skoda branded cover which covers the complete back seats and doors. cca. 140€.
I also have additional shades for rear door windows and trunk. Simple to install, maybe a bit too dark when driving at night, but perfect for hot sunny days.

Attachments

• PHOTO-2023-06-21-20-47-00.jpg
    PHOTO-2023-06-21-20-47-00.jpg
    285 KB · Views: 103
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members