Anybody got an new FR TDI yet?

paulov

I ordered an FR TDI at beginning of Feb, delivery end of April, hopefully? I just wondered if anybody has the car and if so, does it meet expectations? I have previously had a Fabia VRS, so my expectaions are high....

Grapo

Jul 28, 2004
London
I ordered an FR TDI at beginning of Feb, delivery end of April, hopefully? I just wondered if anybody has the car and if so, does it meet expectations? I have previously had a Fabia VRS, so my expectaions are high....

Did you pay cash or are you getting the car on finance? I was wondering whether you managed to get any discount?

I can imagine that the TDI FR wont be particularly popular because of the high price, will this mean discounts are more or less likely to be gained? My dealer seems pretty interested in getting me to test drive one when their demo comes in, balls in my court I guess then.

garethrobson

FR LOVER
Jun 10, 2009
County Durham
Not got mine yet...mid april delivery :)

Going to test drive a demo though soon hopefully next week :)

i beleive when i ordered mine it didnt qualify for the 8.5% finance or whatever it is, but got a pretty good deal trading in my current ibiza so was happy with the price i am going to pay :)

paulov

I am guaranteed a price on my civic 2.2 cdti type s gt, even if the car does not arrive until May (but lets hope not) Had the car on a pcp no deals though

Nov 6, 2007
Newark
Did you pay cash or are you getting the car on finance? I was wondering whether you managed to get any discount?

I can imagine that the TDI FR wont be particularly popular because of the high price, will this mean discounts are more or less likely to be gained? My dealer seems pretty interested in getting me to test drive one when their demo comes in, balls in my court I guess then.

Take that back, the FR tdi was a very popular car and will be, there isnt anything in the market with this level of kit not alone a 2.0 tdi lump in, people want to be eco but have some power the same time so ticks most peoples boxes.

We getting alot of Skoda vrs Fabia customers and Ibiza fr tdi coming in looking at the new car.

Scottie2510

Sep 6, 2007
You should always be able to get a good deal. Dealers don't make much of new car sales supposedly I think the incentives in getting number of sales etc is where they make the money. I reckon you should be aiming for at least 8% of the OTRP (including extras) then make sure you get a good deal on finance rates they won't make the bank rates but should be able to get to within 2% of them.

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
£1.6K off... dream on :D I managed £950 off (that was pre VAT increase) an they would not do it again.. infact I think my dealerhip hate me :)

FR_Rob

Is In Love with Power!
Mar 13, 2010
Warwickshire
i got £1000 off with the loyalty bonus, £750 possetive equity on my current ibiza and a couple of hundred knocked off on top of that.

I managed to get £250 off the list price of the Cupra and first yr service free. Took me a few days of negotiating though! as far as i know they only have a 5% margin to work off and as there is such a wait already they don't give much off. Could be wrong?

They also gave me over the odds for my focus as trade in.

CraigSEAT

We have a Ibiza FR TDI SC unsold in our showroom standard car in Black metallic £16,845

Craig @ Jennings SEAT Middlesbrough

Nov 6, 2007
Newark
What can I say!!!! We got ours delivered on friday, took it home friday night and WOW what a car! 2.0 tdi is so smooth it just pulls! Totaly different car to the 1.6 tdi and the old 1.9 tdi FR

erichuyn

Dec 25, 2005
Netherlands
What can I say!!!! We got ours delivered on friday, took it home friday night and WOW what a car! 2.0 tdi is so smooth it just pulls! Totaly different car to the 1.6 tdi and the old 1.9 tdi FR

uhm, pictures?! :) A couple from under the bonnet would be nice aswell, really interested in the space since they had to move the battery [B)]
Ow and what options did you pick and how satisfied are you with them, if you have an opinion yet.

Nov 6, 2007
Newark
Being a demo I didnt get to pick any bits but we had it come with bluetooth with usb port and convenance pack and also had the gala blue paint

Yea the boot space is alittle bit smaller :p

garethrobson

FR LOVER
Jun 10, 2009
County Durham
sounds like most dealers got theirs on friday, my dealer certainly did. Waiting for the PDI to go through then going to take it for a spin before i pick mine up on 17th :D

garethrobson

FR LOVER
Jun 10, 2009
County Durham
is there much turbo lag on it?

I have never owned a deisel before, and have heard people tell me to expect a lot of turbo lag and its got me a bit worried...

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise