Anybody got an new FR TDI yet?

erichuyn

Dec 25, 2005
Netherlands
is there much turbo lag on it?

I have never owned a deisel before, and have heard people tell me to expect a lot of turbo lag and its got me a bit worried...

Shouldn't be a problem, I drove the old PD 2.0TDI in an Altea XL and it was fine.
Below 2000rpm not much action but then again a petrol engine doesn't have much there either.

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
with the 1.6 at least, there's no turbo lag as soon as the revs rise they rise quickly with the turbo, just the mildly annoying throttle lag, takes about .4/.5 of a second after pushing the throttle for the revs to rise which isn't much good for stomping it out of roundabouts.

paulov

I am glad that the cars are starting to come through, as my dealer called today saying my delivery date have been pusshed back from end of April to mid May, that's a big blow!

rbmike

Feb 10, 2010
my order date was 18th december ive had a few delivery dats finally found out 2 weeks ago thats its due to be built this week wc 29th fo delivery on 15th april i so hope they havent moved it again, i dont want to contact my dealer just in case

garethrobson

FR LOVER
Jun 10, 2009
County Durham
my order date was 18th december ive had a few delivery dats finally found out 2 weeks ago thats its due to be built this week wc 29th fo delivery on 15th april i so hope they havent moved it again, i dont want to contact my dealer just in case

you ordered an FR 2L TDI in december? I was under the impression they only started taking orders in february :think:

erichuyn

Dec 25, 2005
Netherlands
Out of curiosity does anyone know why they moved the battery, looks like you could squeeze one in there!

Safety? The space that is left is just behind the headlight, would be crushed when a crash occurs.
Otherwise everyone mentions it's because of space issues, if you'd squeeze a battery there the engine bay would be completely stuffed. Not sure how that would work with service etc...
From an audio pov it's great though [B)]

BeezerDiesel

Minus a Diesel Beezer
Aug 3, 2002
Exeter
Visit site
I'ts probably because they need room in the engine bay for crumple zones. Hopefully they left enough room in the boot for a crumple zone with the battery and a spare wheel in there!
Don't ya just love EU regulations!

Scottie2510

Sep 6, 2007
Gareth, any news on your car yet? Supposedly my GF's is building this week.

Anyone picked there's up yet?

Also has anyone got anymore info on the change in road tax?

golfgtipaul

Jul 14, 2009
they have a lumina orange FR sat, with a bunch of others waiting for the new dealership to opening near me in Lincoln. Didnt think id like the orange but it looks really nice up close

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
lol they havn't owned a vw group tdi then :p

no put your foot down and away its goes! As they say it pulls like a train!

My PD160 1.9TDi Ibiza Cupra had very very bad turbo lag. The new 140CR 2.0FR is pretty much the same engine as some of the A4's have in the office. Its a much smoother engine. You should be able to remap them to 180BHPish so that is Cupra troubling territory with all that torque!