anybody no how much difference a fmic makes?

Nov 7, 2009
hi, im new the site, joined last nyt. iv had a leon cupra r for round 6 months now, jus had a stage 2 remap and a de-cat pipe, its boosting round 1.3 bar.. is that too much for the k04?? and thinkin of gettin a fmic, how much ov a distance will this make to the performance?? i will get sum pics of my car on soon, cheers ash

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
It won't give you extra performance but will allow you to use what you have better and for longer.
There are a few guys running universal Ebay FMIC's, these are way cheaper and seem to work as well if not better than other expensive aftermarket options

Nov 7, 2009
cheers mate, are them the nissens fmic? if so i was lookin at then earlier but didnt no if they was a front mount or a side mount? or the 1 for 250quid?

Nov 7, 2009
just bin lookin at the univeral fmic, myt not b on the same page as u have seen. u dont get the piping and hoses with them do ya? cud u mayb send me a link?

turbin

I understand the stock twin IC are good for 300hp-ish. Im boosting 25-26psi and my car is still happy go lucky :) pulls like a train !

Nov 7, 2009
hopefully it will, dont want it runng shite, fink i myt go for it then. i dont get how the psi works, mym is boosting round 1.3 bar, that okay?? or mayb too much?? coz its running mint at the mo

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.