Anyone bought a 1.6tdi leon mk3 yet?

Tricksc

It's Tricky
Dec 29, 2011
Sheffield
just wanting to know if anyone on here as bought a 1.6tdi mk3 leon cause thinking about replacing my ibiza with one. have decided between a choice of 3 cars to replace the ibiza, 1st mk7 golf 1.6tdi se, 2nd mk3 leon 1.6 tdi se & 3rd mk6 jetta 1.6 tdi se.

if so what mpg are you getting & which trim did you go for S or SE.

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
The current 1.6 TDI 105 is on the verge of been replaced with a new EA288 110PS version. This has so far debuted in the Mk7 Golf Bluemotion and A3 TDI Ultra. It is likely that it will make its way over to the Leon in the future

Unless you need the 99g/ km co2 emissions you might be better with the 2.0 TDI 150 or 1.4 TSI 140 which seem to be the best engines in the Mk3 range :)

weatherlight

Do not go with the jetta at all cost. It is old tech, will soon be replaced with a better, lighter, more FE and performer car.

Tricksc

It's Tricky
Dec 29, 2011
Sheffield
cheers for all replys, wont be getting one until early next year my, dad own a 1.6tdi altea xl we have had that for a year now with now promblems at all with the 1.6tdi. will test drive all 3 cars early next year as this will be my last car for 5years so need a diesel next. not bothered about the free road tax on the 1.6tdi but the fr leon does look nice but have only got a budget to work too so it might be out of my range.

steve67

have you checked out drive the deal?
some good discount on there at the mo

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
I got a mk3 SC 1.6tdi and love it. It's a good torquey motor, always has the power when needed, if you keep it on boost it does go well :) The fr is nice and I have heard its very quick, but hey I have free tax lol. I'm averaging about 44-48mpg around town and have got 61mpg on the motorway. I'd recommend it. Mine also has the tech pack and convenience pack which are good extras! The LED lights are my favourite touch to the car.

Tricksc

It's Tricky
Dec 29, 2011
Sheffield
I got a mk3 SC 1.6tdi and love it. It's a good torquey motor, always has the power when needed, if you keep it on boost it does go well :) The fr is nice and I have heard its very quick, but hey I have free tax lol. I'm averaging about 44-48mpg around town and have got 61mpg on the motorway. I'd recommend it. Mine also has the tech pack and convenience pack which are good extras! The LED lights are my favourite touch to the car.

cheers mate for the reply, yeah going to test drive one early next year i.e around january time. yeah would love an fr but really need a diesel so sticking to 1.6tdi for free road tax & about £3000 cheaper than a golf. going for se trim with tech pack, 17' alloys upgrade, darker tinted windows on rear.

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
cheers mate for the reply, yeah going to test drive one early next year i.e around january time. yeah would love an fr but really need a diesel so sticking to 1.6tdi for free road tax & about £3000 cheaper than a golf. going for se trim with tech pack, 17' alloys upgrade, darker tinted windows on rear.

Yeah I got the SE trim. I think they do the FR as a 2.0 tdi (which is 150bhp) and a petrol version. But it would just be more on the insurance, fuel and tax. So I'm making a nice saving. I wanted the 17" alloys also but I would have had to wait till mid September to receive the car which I wasn't prepared to do. I ordered it the 14th of July and received it on the 19th on my birthday. Mine was the first SC to be released in the UK. Quite proud of that :) I'll just change the wheels myself, looking for some graphite audi ones or some vw talladega wheels. And I will also be tinting the rear windows.

Adamzork

I have a SE 1.6tdi tech and convience packs I got them to do a pre register on my car so I'm down as second owner ( always buy my cars this way and trade on price isnt effected) and I get the vat knocked off I didnt pay for convience pack and tech pack only cost me £150 got the colour I wanted and had the car in 10 days and the led lights are brilliant

Last edited by a moderator:

Tricksc

It's Tricky
Dec 29, 2011
Sheffield
Yeah I got the SE trim. I think they do the FR as a 2.0 tdi (which is 150bhp) and a petrol version. But it would just be more on the insurance, fuel and tax. So I'm making a nice saving. I wanted the 17" alloys also but I would have had to wait till mid September to receive the car which I wasn't prepared to do. I ordered it the 14th of July and received it on the 19th on my birthday. Mine was the first SC to be released in the UK. Quite proud of that :) I'll just change the wheels myself, looking for some graphite audi ones or some vw talladega wheels. And I will also be tinting the rear windows.

what colour did you go for mate? i'm going for white again same as mk5 ibiza sc, my seat dealer will push for a good deal on trade in from my old car to the new leon as they want my ibiza so hoping a good trade in price on mine. nice to hear you was the 1st sc in the uk also post some pics up of it when you have enough post to put some up.

Tricksc

It's Tricky
Dec 29, 2011
Sheffield
I have a SE 1.6tdi tech and convience packs I got them to do a pre register on my car so I'm down as second owner ( always buy my cars this way and trade on price isnt effected) and I get the vat knocked off I didnt pay for convience pack and tech pack only cost me £150 got the colour I wanted and had the car in 10 days and the led lights are brilliant

cheers mate what do you get in the convience pack & also what mpg are getting from the 1.6tdi. sounds like you got a good deal on the leon you bought, i cant wait to test drive one next year.

also forgot to say mine will be a 5door leon due to practicality for my family.

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
what colour did you go for mate? i'm going for white again same as mk5 ibiza sc, my seat dealer will push for a good deal on trade in from my old car to the new leon as they want my ibiza so hoping a good trade in price on mine. nice to hear you was the 1st sc in the uk also post some pics up of it when you have enough post to put some up.

I got mine in white. Looks great, sometimes I wish I got Alor blue because it stands out but I do love it in white. I got mine on a PCP so I can't really do much to it, only stuff that I could put back and wouldn't void the warranty :/ How many posts do I have to make before I can put pics up?

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
cheers mate what do you get in the convience pack & also what mpg are getting from the 1.6tdi. sounds like you got a good deal on the leon you bought, i cant wait to test drive one next year.

also forgot to say mine will be a 5door leon due to practicality for my family.

The convienience pack consists of auto wipers, auto lights and auto dimming mirror so you don't get blinded by the lights from the vehicle behind :D

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes

I got the convenience pack and tech pack for free. Tech pack was free as of 1st of July. I had a nice discount as well because Seat Milton Keynes tried taking the piss, so i went to Perry's Seat and got a big discount :D