Anyone had this with their calipers?

TrainDriverEdd

Apr 12, 2016
Hi everyone,

First post here, having just joined after picking up my Cupra ST 280 last friday.

Absolutely love it and first impressions have been excellent driving about this week. :D

However, having looked around the car in more detail, I've noticed something with the front brake calipers that doesn't look right.

The front nearside Caliper has the 'Cupra' logo but the front offside does not.

The offside caliper has a recess/void that has two holes in that appear slightly rusty.

I assume a plate with the logo must have been there at some point?

Is this a common thing? Is this part a small plate thats fallen off? Can I get another plate? Will it be covered under warranty?

I'm taking it to my local SEAT dealer so they can have a look at it week after next.

Won't let me post pics yet as I'm a newbie. :blink:

Thanks for your time.

Snah

Jul 7, 2014
Netherlands
Well this is 4sure not normal and I recommend to go back to your dealer for replacement or fix immediately.

jaba101

Jun 16, 2008
South West
Basically its a badge that pops off when you fit new brake pads in order for the caliper rewind tool to fit.

my nearside flew off while mounting the chicane's at the Spring action day Castle Combe a two weeks ago they are replaceable from Seat ask Dave at Sere's how much they are, I am not to bothered as i have a set of 8 pot Brembos to go on lol

TrainDriverEdd

Apr 12, 2016
Basically its a badge that pops off when you fit new brake pads in order for the caliper rewind tool to fit.

my nearside flew off while mounting the chicane's at the Spring action day Castle Combe a two weeks ago they are replaceable from Seat ask Dave at Sere's how much they are, I am not to bothered as i have a set of 8 pot Brembos to go on lol

Ah ok mate. Thanks for the heads up.

Apologies but where's this Sere place? Got a number for them?

TrainDriverEdd

Apr 12, 2016
Ah ok. :thumbup:

I'll keep those details handy for future reference.

My first port of call is the dealers, hopefully the warranty will rectify it.

Thanks again for the replies. :D

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.