Anyone ordered the Mk3 Leon

Stegor

Jul 17, 2011
I'm a little annoyed now that I ordered March 10th and am still waiting delivery for the FR 180 TSi. It's getting closer to a 63 plate . Many might not care about that but to be honest I really don't fancy paying full price for a 13 plate when a month or two later 63 plate will be out!

Got my 180 last week, ordered 20th March. Mine was a DSG and I think they are arriving first.

Ashworth

Feb 2, 2010
Nottinghamshire
Got my 180 last week, ordered 20th March. Mine was a DSG and I think they are arriving first.

Ordered mine on 2nd March and still waiting. Mine is the manual.
I'm getting conflicting stories as to when mine should be available for delivery:

I had a phone call from someone at SEAT UK at the end of April telling me that there had been a delay and my car would not be built until Week 26 at the end of June and therefore I should receive it towards the end of July.

To my surprise my dealer rang me last weekend to tell me that my car was built last week and I should be hearing from them in the next three weeks to collect it! I find this difficult to believe because I'd heard from a number of sources that they weren't now being built until the end of this month.
I'm a bit annoyed because I'd really wanted the DSG but didn't order that because in March I was told that the manual version would be available first!

StevenM

Apr 2, 2013
Received a call today to say that mine will be at the dealership in the morning and ready for collection in the afternoon. 150TDI FR monsoon grey ordered on 29th March...pics to follow.

Sent from my piece of shite iPhone - according to Muz.

Stegor

Jul 17, 2011
Ordered mine on 2nd March and still waiting. Mine is the manual.
I'm getting conflicting stories as to when mine should be available for delivery:

I had a phone call from someone at SEAT UK at the end of April telling me that there had been a delay and my car would not be built until Week 26 at the end of June and therefore I should receive it towards the end of July.

To my surprise my dealer rang me last weekend to tell me that my car was built last week and I should be hearing from them in the next three weeks to collect it! I find this difficult to believe because I'd heard from a number of sources that they weren't now being built until the end of this month.
I'm a bit annoyed because I'd really wanted the DSG but didn't order that because in March I was told that the manual version would be available first!

Could be the truth, the dealer wasn't expecting mine for another month and then it 'just turned up'

Stegor

Jul 17, 2011
I'm a little annoyed now that I ordered March 10th and am still waiting delivery for the FR 180 TSi. It's getting closer to a 63 plate . Many might not care about that but to be honest I really don't fancy paying full price for a 13 plate when a month or two later 63 plate will be out!

There should be an estimated date of delivery on your order. If they miss this by more than 28 days you can cancel the order - or perhaps do a deal to delay until the 63 plate.

welshy67

Just phoned my local dealer and they have confirmed that the car is at "Stage 30" (or something) meaning it has arrived at port in the UK. They say another 10 days and it should be ready :)

Ashworth

Feb 2, 2010
Nottinghamshire
Just phoned my local dealer and they have confirmed that the car is at "Stage 30" (or something) meaning it has arrived at port in the UK. They say another 10 days and it should be ready :)

welshy67 - is your car a DSG 1.8 or a manual like mine? If it's a manual I might then have cause to get excited as that probably means my dealer is right and I will be getting mine later this month.

Also if the 1.8 tsi models are now coming out and some are on the road has anyone seen any reviews of these from anyone who has driven one?

keensmith

My 1.8TSi DSG is "arriving in stock" (whatever that means!) w/c 24 June, after ordering 19 Feb! Not impressed as I was originally told late April & so got rid of my "old" car then. Been carless since then & not happy! Hope the Leon (eventually) lives up to my expectations!

Stegor

Jul 17, 2011
My 1.8TSi DSG is "arriving in stock" (whatever that means!) w/c 24 June, after ordering 19 Feb! Not impressed as I was originally told late April & so got rid of my "old" car then. Been carless since then & not happy! Hope the Leon (eventually) lives up to my expectations!

I guarantee it will live up to your expectations. It's a cracker of an engine/gearbox combination. Not sure why I got mine nearly 2 months earlier than you after ordering it a month later. Did you add anything other than the tech pack?

keensmith

Thanks Stegor, I need the encouragement lol. I ordered sunroof which I think I have read elsewhere is perhaps causing holdups? Also was told that my car was actually built beginning May, but faults found & returned to factory, whereupon it was decided a rebuild was required & so another month or so...! I guess this could be true, but I am a bit suspicious! Glad you're enjoying yours!

welshy67

welshy67 - is your car a DSG 1.8 or a manual like mine? If it's a manual I might then have cause to get excited as that probably means my dealer is right and I will be getting mine later this month.

It's the manual :)

Suicida1 Zombie

Mar 19, 2013
Thanks Stegor, I need the encouragement lol. I ordered sunroof which I think I have read elsewhere is perhaps causing holdups? Also was told that my car was actually built beginning May, but faults found & returned to factory, whereupon it was decided a rebuild was required & so another month or so...! I guess this could be true, but I am a bit suspicious! Glad you're enjoying yours!

Sounds like the re-build is your delay as a few have had the same problem and I ordered the slowest combination on the 28th of march (DSG, Sun Roof, Paddle Shift, Tech pack) through a leasing company that would slow it down more and it arrived on the 3rd of june.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Ashworth

Feb 2, 2010
Nottinghamshire

That's great that yours is also a manual as I guess mine is probably now arrived at port in UK with yours. It was a week last Saturday when my dealer told me mine had been built that week and that I should be hearing from them in the next 3 weeks regarding delivery.

I'll be interested to see how my new 1.8 tsi FR compares with my current 2.0 CR170 tdi.

welshy67

Got a call last night at home telling me that my car arrived at the dealer. I can't actually get over there until tomorrow morning at the earliest but probably next week as I have plans for the weekend. Depends on the weather though so I'm hoping for rain :)

I hope I get some decent letters to choose from for the number plate.

welshy67

Collected it on Saturday, my wife knew I was itching to go :) All I can say is Wow! What a lovely car, such a good feel factor. Was a bit apprehensive with choosing black as I hadn't seen one in the flesh but I was pleasantly surprised and delighted when I saw it.

I didn't spend too long driving it on Saturday as I had promised a family day out. So Sunday morning (this morning) I decided to go for a drive. Woke up quite early, had my fathers day card and pressie :) then went outside. Bloody seagulls had pooped all over the roof, two side windows, two side doors and front wing!

Cleaned it up pronto and went for a nice drive. Never used satnav before so played with that quite a bit and it was good fun. The Seat Sound system with the subwoofer is amazing, so much bass. This is not really a review just my initial experience with the car. All in all, I'm very happy.

Ashworth

Feb 2, 2010
Nottinghamshire
Heard today that my 1.8 tsi FR will be arriving at the dealer end of this week. I'm working full time all next week and so it will be week on Saturday when I collect it.
I ordered it 2nd March and it does say delivery May/June on the order form and so collecting it 29th June it's just still on time. Getting excited now, but can't get out of work to collect it any earlier.

Last edited:

Mydogfred

Jun 20, 2013
Has anyone ordered a new Leon Recently? I ordered my 2.0 TDI FR in Red with a tech pack and convenience pack on 15th May and it is due for delivery around August 8th. Just trying to find out how accurate the delivery times are?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members