Anyone ordered the Mk3 Leon

m4rtin

Dec 6, 2004
Northwich, Cheshire
I contacted Seat UK directly the other day to enquire about the 184PS FR, they told me...

"production of the new Leon 2.0 TDi FR 184PS will begin in quarter 4 of this year (October to December)."

It seems that VW may have wanted to be the first to launch the new engine as orders for the Golf GTD started about 2 weeks ago, although it's approx a 3 month wait until you would get it.

Last edited:

Suicida1 Zombie

Mar 19, 2013
Just had an e-mail from my lease company.

Car order was placed with dealer on 23/03/13

(Ordered 2.0 150 TDI 5dr FR with; DSG and paddle shift, alcantara seats, DAB, Sunroof, LED headlights, Media Plus, 18 inch wheels and maybe a few more options I cant remember)

Just had this from them today (23/04/13)

Hi, I have just checked the most recent update on your order and it looks like it is due to arrive with the dealer Early June.

Glad I ordered the 150 over the 184 now. Can't wait for summer with the new car.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Navaron

Hey guys new member here from Malta. I'm currently waiting for the mk3 Leon SC to arrive as I'm a bigger fan of the sportier look. Here in Malta we drive right hand drive cars as in UK. I went to inquire at my local seat agent and they said they will be able to order them in July. They also explained that production for left hand drive cars is given precedence to right hand drive ones as they sell to a bigger market so might be one of the reasons why other parts of Europe get the 2.0Tdi 184 before you guys in the UK.

CyberGene

Apr 26, 2008
Sofia, Bulgaria
2.0 TDI 184HP is available for order in Bulgaria, but anyway I would always take the 1.8TSI instead. The quality of the diesel fuel here is low and your engine is going to suffer - injectors, filters, etc.

BNDUK

Ordered a FR 150 diesel manual.

It's already at the dealer - I have arranged to collect on 1 June.

Their were a lot of vehicles available for early delivery if you were flexible on options.

keensmith

Just heard that my 1.8TSi DSG was built, but a fault was found at the factory & it was not released. It has then been classed as substandard & the order has had to be restarted! Now not due into stock until w/c 24 June! So I'm probably looking at early July before I can collect. This after a 19 Feb order. Very frustrating & I get the suspicion I'm getting the run around? Has anyone else heard about their 1.8TSis recently?

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Just heard that my 1.8TSi DSG was built, but a fault was found at the factory & it was not released. It has then been classed as substandard & the order has had to be restarted! Now not due into stock until w/c 24 June! So I'm probably looking at early July before I can collect. This after a 19 Feb order. Very frustrating & I get the suspicion I'm getting the run around? Has anyone else heard about their 1.8TSis recently?

I had the same story spun to me when I ordered my bocanegra. Found out that it had actually fallen off the transporter when it arrived in the UK. I am guessing they have more than likely nipped your car for another customer who kicked off for having to wait this long. I don't trust salesmen as far as I can throw them unfortunately.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
When they releasing the MK3 LCR with 4WD and the TTRS engine? :D That's what I would go for :p

Stegor

Jul 17, 2011

Yep - mines at the dealer waiting to be collected - ordered mid march.

Adamzork

Hoping to get my order in before the end of next month so I don't miss the half price tech pack.
Don't pay half price for the tech pack I beat them down to £150 for mine

Suicida1 Zombie

Mar 19, 2013
Mine was ordered with the dealers on the 30th of march. Arrived yesterday.

Had the 2.0 TDI FR DSG.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

welshy67

I'm a little annoyed now that I ordered March 10th and am still waiting delivery for the FR 180 TSi. It's getting closer to a 63 plate . Many might not care about that but to be honest I really don't fancy paying full price for a 13 plate when a month or two later 63 plate will be out!

Last edited by a moderator:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.