Anyone paid off their Seat Finance early?

bclark1979

Feb 6, 2004
Visit site
If so, how did it go? I assume that you have to settle all the finance before you can sell the car? This would obviously cause a bit of a cash flow issue, are you able to pay it off with a Credit Card?

Cupramax

Uber pimp meister
Aug 1, 2001
I dont think they care how you pay it off, its all money, no issues settling 2 of mine early. Is it a good idea to put it on a credit card unless you're going pay it off immediately?... in which case why put it on a credit card in the first place... Think I paid mine by cheque.

bclark1979

Feb 6, 2004
Visit site
To be honest the simple reason I would pay it off by credit card is that I haven't got the money at the moment. I would need to pay them the finance that I owe and then I would be able to clear the bill once I sell the Car privately.

I only wondered about Credit card because when I bought the Car I wasn't allowed to put my deposit on Credit Card (I just wanted to do this for the Air Miles) unless I paid a 5% fee.

CH1

Jul 6, 2004
I've paid off Fiat/alfa loan early before -no probs -can't remember method of payment though.

I have Seat finance too -but as its 0% APR no hurries to pay off unless i change my car. I'd be interested to know whether they take credit cards as payment as some mortgage companies don't allow lump sum/extra payments to be made via credit card.

If payment can be done via card -I'd be interested:)

Georgie

WADDA YA WANT.. EH?!
Nov 27, 2005
FLEET
-cough- mine was paid off early.. insurance helped me with that.. :S

you just call and get a settlement figure... send the money in and sorted.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.