Anyone waiting on their Cupra Ateca

May 25, 2021
Hi I think I found this from someone else's post on here and thought it would be useful for anyone who has a Cupra Ateca on order and not been given a build date yet. I've ordered my car through Leasing Options and they have been useless at giving me a build date or when I would expect to receive the car.

You can instead just send a tweet to @Cupra_UK you just need to send them an order number which is also called SLI number. They were then able to tell me the anticipated build date - mine is currently build week 43 w/c Oct 25th. If anyone knows how long after the build date I might expect to receive the car please let me know?

Tell

Staff member
Yes 6 weeks is about it. Back in 2016 people watched the boat traffic on those marine sites since they knew which ones brought the cars over (Atecas). Back then and I'm sure it's true now dealers didn't know how to interrogate the system to find out progress. Customer services do know but as you say they need the official order ID to go into the system. Basically and Im sure its true now the Seat order system in the UK is transcribed to the factory build system by hand. Order is placed in the factory system, this can be accessed by dealers but few are trained, quicker to contact customer services direct then they talk to the guy who knows the system in MK and you then get the answer.

In the final stage of delivery it gets to the UK holding area then it's up to the dealer to request the transporter to deliver, if they don't it stays put. If you know it arrived and the dealer hasn't requested transport you can ask them to do that 😉. They might be happy for it to stay in port if they have limited space in the dealership.

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
Probably in the queue to be inspected. I'd give it another week. As I said above how it worked in the past customer services would check and collaborate, that's useful if the dealer is a bit layed back, but if you have confidence in them possible not worthwhile... saying that the people in the head office will know the timings of how long things currently take, so it may be worthwhile if it's causing angst.

Reactions: bigtamis
Dec 22, 2023
Manchester, UK
Probably in the queue to be inspected. I'd give it another week. As I said above how it worked in the past customer services would check and collaborate, that's useful if the dealer is a bit layed back, but if you have confidence in them possible not worthwhile... saying that the people in the head office will know the timings of how long things currently take, so it may be worthwhile if it's causing angst.
I’m still waiting too and it’s killing me😂

build date was week 7 so last week contacted rep for an update as it was moved from week 2 to week 7 in first place and wanted to make sure it wasn’t delayed again. He said still set for this week and will let you know when confirmed. Still no update but of course I’m expecting he’s just forgotten as he isn’t going to be on there checking everyday for me without prompting.
If 6 weeks is correct then should be ready 25th March week. Does line up with what he said last week which was ‘mid March’.

I’ve never been a patient person and having to deal with the delay of 6 weeks already was hard especially as I’ve sold my family car and we are using a runabout at the minute. Fingers crossed, I want to get modding!

Dec 22, 2023
Manchester, UK
Ordered 18th November. Was told might be end of March so not too bad. Trouble is when they inform you car ready to be shipped. Takes an age then
Same time as me and I’ve still not been informed it’s ready to ship yet, build date was week 7 (after already been pushed back first was week 1) and on that week they said mid to end of March. I’ll have to get back in touch with them, I’m absolutely void of patience so the whole process has nearly killed me! Hope you enjoy it, give us an update when you’ve picked it up😁

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise