anyone with a k03s ibiza to compare performance with?

shantybeater

loving the whoosh
Sep 28, 2007
Bournemouth & Brighton
Hi guys, I am generally paranoid when it comes to my car...but im sure its lost power since when i first owned it..

Is there anyone in the area with a k03s who i could compare performance with?

(hampshire, bournemouth, southampton, dorset area)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 20, 2007
What about comparing it with a k03 if there isnt anyone, just a thought as you should easily pull a bit on one of them :). My friends ko3s with 250bhp pulls a good 3 car lengths upto 80 - 90 only diff is he has a ko3s i have a ko3 :).

Dan Cupra R

The Yellow Sub
May 2, 2006
Reading
Where you based mate? Im north hants area.

Only running KO3 though. Just had it RR'd at 207bhp & 240lb/ft. More than welcome to compare it to mine

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
I could be wrong but weren't you the one getting blue smoke out the exhaust? If so then you're probably losing compression

May 2, 2006
i reckon you should get it RR'd if your paranoid,having a race with someone is pointless as their both different setups with different maps but more to the point, different drivers
a k03 car could quiet easily beat a k03s car no probs if the driver was alot better
just my 2p

Dan Cupra R

The Yellow Sub
May 2, 2006
Reading
i reckon you should get it RR'd if your paranoid,having a race with someone is pointless as their both different setups with different maps but more to the point, different drivers
a k03 car could quiet easily beat a k03s car no probs if the driver was alot better
just my 2p

I think he just wanted compare the difference in a quick blast on a duel carriageway on a straight.

When I follwed Benny to the last RR day in oxford when we put our feet down in our cars his pulled easily over mine. He ended up making a good 25-30BHP more than me.

I know its not the most scientific way of doing things but would certainly be a good indication things arent quite right. Especially if his is 250bhp as he quotes

I would offer vagcom but my laptop is dead.

Last edited:

shantybeater

loving the whoosh
Sep 28, 2007
Bournemouth & Brighton
yeah i ment just sensibly comparing from like 30-70 on a clear road...or just by sitting in someone elses car I reckon i could get a reasonable idea...i am the one with blue smoke coming out the back but the amount hasnt got worse, it always had it since i bought it and had no compression loss to my knowledge then....and after following someone who clearly did have a blown turbo mine looks like someone puffing a fag in comparison....

whereabouts is north hants?

Dan Cupra R

The Yellow Sub
May 2, 2006
Reading
Ill be in Basingstoke tonight so your more than welcome to meet up if u wanna see how mine runs?

Have you got vagcom? or a laptop?

Ive got the cable but my laptop is proper f00ked at the moment, need a new one.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.