Apr V Tune

smoothuk

SmoothNAV
Aug 26, 2005
Essex
I have searched for threads on this and couldnt find anything.

Anyone had a play with V tune, just wondered how easy it was to use, any pointers, safe levels of boost (can you make it boost to much and pop the turbo) or is it protected. timing's etc etc, any one got any good settings that work on a LCR that are worth doing for different situations, ie 1/4 mile, track etc. i couldnt find that much info on it really so wondered if any of you guys could give it to me straight..

Cheers

matt

Ju.

Oct 4, 2004
Bradford
I've had a play with it but never been sure about what to adjust for the best.
I adjusted the boost and timing but only slightly and accompanied that by logging with vagcom, I did see a slight increase in airflow.
Unfortunately unlike sps for revo, theres no online guide to using it, which is a shame because I believe it would attract more customers to APR.
The last time I was at awesome, Jim said he was going to do some testing with Vtune and then do a write up, but to be honest I'm not holding my breath!!!
There are a few people on here that have been using it though so maybe someone will have a better idea.

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
I have searched for threads on this and couldnt find anything.

Anyone had a play with V tune, just wondered how easy it was to use, any pointers, safe levels of boost (can you make it boost to much and pop the turbo) or is it protected. timing's etc etc, any one got any good settings that work on a LCR that are worth doing for different situations, ie 1/4 mile, track etc. i couldnt find that much info on it really so wondered if any of you guys could give it to me straight..

Cheers

matt
I do use Vtune and its very good.
Boost at 105% should be safe enough (no guarantees Though) and makes a difference. Timing should only be advanced if your vagcom logs show you don't have any major knocking issues. (cf's)
Its just the same as the Revo sps device.

smoothuk

SmoothNAV
Aug 26, 2005
Essex
JU i totally agree mate, if there was a beginners guide im sure it would make it a little more apealing to people, dont suppose anyone has done a little write up on it???

Wild willy, cheers mate, just need to brush up on my VAG COM knowledge, ie, how to log knocking (cf's) on it :)

AwesomeSarah

Forum Sponsor
Mar 6, 2006
Hi Mate
If you was to have posted in the APR section , I am sure that Andy would have helped you
I will pass this on to him to help you
Sarah

smoothuk

SmoothNAV
Aug 26, 2005
Essex
Awesome dudes...cheers for the repiles guys, i didnt even think to post in the APR bit, i had seen that andy and read it..this bit concerned me...

V-Tune is not for every user. It can cause permanant damage to your engine if you enter improper settings. It is highly recommended that a V-Tune user have knowledge of the role that boost, timing, etc. have upon an engine. APR is not responsible for damage that could be caused to a car if V-Tune is used incorrectly.

hence the reason i was after a little guidence, i didnt want to set it to 130% and have something go bang, so was making a few enquiries to see the dangers, and peoples experiences and findings with it as i am a relative novice!!! do you think it is worth starting a V TUNE thread in your APR section so people can refur to it for a little bit of help, as when i looked on here i found nothing...just wondered if it was worth putting up a mini guide just to get started...with basic questions like...can i just turn the boost to max (130%) and drive the car without any problems..simple stuff like that, as im scared to just play with it incase i break something....

cheers for your replys too

MATT

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.