Are mk4 golf 312mm brake calipers and carriers the same as audi tt ones ??

fozworth

Mar 6, 2009
Ive been offered a pair of 312mm brakes with the carriers and calipers from a mk4 golf and wondered if there the same as a audi TT which was my first initial choice. I thought the mk4 golf calipers were the same as my mk 4 ibiza fr tdi ones except different size carriers.Or are the calipers larger like the TT ones which are what i want.???

fozworth

Mar 6, 2009
So are you saying the only mk 4 golf that had 312mm brakes and the larger calipers was the anniversary model? and poss the r32? as im a little confused. I definatly dont want to end up with another set of the same size calipers as my seat ibiza mk4 fr tdi with just larger carriers as i would be a waist .I only want the larger TT,S3 SIZE CALIPERS .

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
As Bill said only the anni and the four motion and V5 had the 312mm brakes. R32 were bigger twin pots on the MK4.

Your calipers and the Audi TT calipers are the same size, they are just a different type thats all. Your original calipers wont mate with the TT carriers which is why you need to change them.

fozworth

Mar 6, 2009
So basicaly this guy has a set of 312mm size brake calipers and carriers off his mk4 golf .I want to fit 312mm brakes so will i need all of what he's selling plus some new discs and pads of coarse.

fozworth

Mar 6, 2009
Sorry for got and will his carriers if off one of the above cars just bolt straight on ?. cheers ja

fozworth

Mar 6, 2009
And i will use both the carriers and calipers off his car ,correct (i promise thats the last question)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.