Armrest

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
I've been told it can't be factory fitted, as it's not an official option.. so I'm being charged £57 for installation on top of the £100 cost once it has been delivered to the dealer.

Tell them to forget it then buy and fit it yourself. Thats a shocking price for what takes 10mins to fit!!![:@]

Part Number: 1P1061000A
Description: Arm Rest
Model Application: New Leon 2006 >
Information: Fitting time 25 TU. Suitable for use with vehicles fitted with optional audio auxiliary-in socket.
Detail: Armrest is finished with red stitching.
Price (RRP): £ 100.00

Jan 13, 2008
Tell them to forget it then buy and fit it yourself. Thats a shocking price for what takes 10mins to fit!!![:@]

Part Number: 1P1061000A
Description: Arm Rest
Model Application: New Leon 2006 >
Information: Fitting time 25 TU. Suitable for use with vehicles fitted with optional audio auxiliary-in socket.
Detail: Armrest is finished with red stitching.
Price (RRP): £ 100.00

I'm a fool for not integrating this into the earlier negotiating process (original price/deal). I guess he's got me in the corner now... unless I cancel my Leon order - which I'm not going to do after all the work I've done. I'm sure it's fairly easy to do for most people, but I just don't want to or have the time to deal with it

Gellyfour

Don't worry about screwing it to the centre console - just stick it on with a couple of rear view mirror pads - mine's stuck solid, and you can just rip it back off when you come to sell - that way no screw holes in the console.

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
Try another dealer to fit the armrest?
Mine charges £25 for fitting it.
Who quoted you £57?

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
I'm a fool for not integrating this into the earlier negotiating process (original price/deal). I guess he's got me in the corner now... unless I cancel my Leon order - which I'm not going to do after all the work I've done. I'm sure it's fairly easy to do for most people, but I just don't want to or have the time to deal with it

Tell him you want the car. Just not with the armrest as you think it gets in the way.;)

If you lived near me I'd fit it

coxxic

Sep 29, 2006
CZ
www.absolutsystem.com
I seem to remember someone used a marker to colour in the red bits on the arm rest

Irfan

you are right, it was me. It may seem completly crazy, but it was because anybody tell me about red dots. So when It came mounted from dealer, there was no way how to remove armrest without obvious and visible demage of plastics part because its srewed. And IMHO, red dots dont go well with black/gray interior color of FR.

this is my modified armrest :

compared to origo:
DSC00416.jpg

dealer showed me this pic, but without detail of red dots.
1P1061000A.jpg

and modified glovebox:

Last edited:

PhilYerBoots

Jan 1, 2008
Fitted mine today in 10mins.

5mins to put it in place, mark holes, drill holes.........screw it on.[B)]

5mins for the hardest part which was the foam sticky bit inside. Its a nightmare to fit and yes....I did balls it up abit. :doh:

Just picked up our FR yesterday with armrest fitted by dealers all inc. for £100 so no complaints there...
..but looking inside there is no sticky foam insert covering the screws as shown in one of the photos posted here.....:confused:

Is the foam included in the box with the armrest...?...if so I'll be ringing the dealer to get that off them asap...:doh:

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
Just picked up our FR yesterday with armrest fitted by dealers all inc. for £100 so no complaints there...
..but looking inside there is no sticky foam insert covering the screws as shown in one of the photos posted here.....:confused:

Is the foam included in the box with the armrest...?...if so I'll be ringing the dealer to get that off them asap...:doh:

Yeah it was in the box along with the screws. :doh:

PhilYerBoots

Jan 1, 2008
Dealer's just come back to me to confirm there was nothing else in the box, only the small rubber tray with coin slots that sits on top of the cup holders...hmm...not sure about that...:think:

Anyway not much I can do about it now as they say they have done so few of these that nobody there knows what should be in the box...:shrug:

It looks a cheap part that, if I want I could probably source elsewhere, or find someone to line it with felt like coxxic's one...that looks smart...

Aug 20, 2005
stafford
Has no one ever noticed that the whole centre piece , handbrake arm reat bit is designed for left hand drive?? where as the rest of the dash obviously is right hand drive. A bit of cheapskating by Seat I think

Aug 20, 2005
stafford
Even the pimpled bit where your elbow is so obviously supposed to go isn`t altered for our Right hookers:banned: Its a bit poor to me:doh:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.