Armrest

Jan 13, 2008
How much should I be paying for one. Can I order one when I order a new Leon FR? Seems odd that they don't offer it as an option or let you know they are available when you buy one.

Also, is it easily removable on a day to day basis.

Thanks again!

update: Found some answers, and so far looking at £100.. not sure if that's worth it but I'll think about it

Last edited:

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
The armrest is an optional extra on the Leons. Its about £100 for the part, if you order it with the car then it will come factory fitted if not the garage will have to fit it for you.
Its held in by 4/6 screws so its a bit of a bind to remove it everyday.
Alex

tonyt

I have just paid £100 for one and they're dead easy to fit. The first on I had when I got my first FR (when they were first released) didn't accomodate for the aux port. I have just bought my second FR and found that the armrest had a small gap for the port.

They don't move out of the way but they aren't as obtrusive as some oe arm rests such as the mk1 leon and a3/s3 versions.

I'd highly recommend one. I have back problems and it really helps promote good posture.

Hope this helps.

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
I got 1 today for £90. Gonna fit it at the weekend if I have time.

Looks pretty easy to do, and the instructions and screws are in the box.

Jan 13, 2008
Does the armrest block the cup holders in the middle? If it does are there other cup holders?

PhilYerBoots

Jan 1, 2008
Do the official Seat ones come in different colours ?

I'm sure I've seen a photo of one on here that was half grey/red but would prefer a single colour one if available.

Can someone that has one fitted please post some piccies with the armrest up and down...:clap:

SEATcarsdirect.co.uk

I seem to remember someone used a marker to colour in the red bits on the arm rest

Irfan

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
lol, I remember that!
I think you can only get the Seat one in one colour, but pictures taken from different angles make it appear different colours.

CBRED

Jan 20, 2008
durham
mine is fitted now and the dealer give me it for 75 quid plus vat so not that bad.

looks the biz against my red seats and its really comfy now

darrellr

Apr 2, 2006
monmouth
From the accessories site

1P1061000A.jpg

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
Fitted mine today in 10mins.

5mins to put it in place, mark holes, drill holes.........screw it on.[B)]

5mins for the hardest part which was the foam sticky bit inside. Its a nightmare to fit and yes....I did balls it up abit. :doh:

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
Whats the foam sticky bit?
If you were to remove the armrest at a later date, would you notice the holes / sticky bit?

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
Ah, I see what you mean, thanks.

So the screws go through the top of the centre console?

Jan 13, 2008
I've been told it can't be factory fitted, as it's not an official option.. so I'm being charged £57 for installation on top of the £100 cost once it has been delivered to the dealer.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.